Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is in a race to scale up before legacy automakers or major new deep pocketed players like Apple are building EVs at a true mass market scale.

Long Term Tesla can't survive on Porsche like 200k units per year volume.

Yes. I think it is underestimated how much the EV race has accelerated. This acceleration is not not about product at this point, but investment. The unexpected large drop in battery prices is one outcome. Straubel has commented more than once about how much EV parts have dropped in price. This is also a symptom on the industry turning towards EV.

Tesla really doesn't want a rapid turn towards EV. Fortunately it looks like Mercedes, VW, and Hyundai will be building multipurpose platforms to introduce as long range EV.

See my answer above. And did know you that eating meat, especially beef, is really bad for the planet?

Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert

More carbon footprint than all those evil ICE cars combined.

When do you and all the other Tesla drivers concerned about Mother Earth go vegan?

Thanks. At least Chicken is saved.. err I mean, can be eaten. So it's all good.

"Beef production results in five more climate-warming emissions than chicken or pork"

Drive a Tesla - Eat a Chicken!

Last edited:
Tesla really doesn't want a rapid turn towards EV. Fortunately it looks like Mercedes, VW, and Hyundai will be building multipurpose platforms to introduce as long range EV.

While it might be that you feel this way on behalf of Tesla or think this would be the best thing for Tesla strategically/business wise I think you're plain wrong when you state that Tesla and Elon don't want a "rapid turn towards EV". Heck, it's right they're in the foundation of the business mission statement: the purpose of Tesla is to accelerate the advent of electric transport.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would rescind "job-destroying" Obama administration environmental actions within 100 days of taking office and cancel a landmark international climate deal reached last year in Paris.

Trump announced a "100-day action plan" that would include rescinding Obama’s executive actions to curb greenhouse gas emissions and the administration’s Waters of the U.S. rule, which business groups have said over-regulates the nation’s waterways.

Trump Vows to Undo Obama Actions, Paris Deal in Energy Speech

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would rescind "job-destroying" Obama administration environmental actions within 100 days of taking office and cancel a landmark international climate deal reached last year in Paris.

Trump announced a "100-day action plan" that would include rescinding Obama’s executive actions to curb greenhouse gas emissions and the administration’s Waters of the U.S. rule, which business groups have said over-regulates the nation’s waterways.

Trump Vows to Undo Obama Actions, Paris Deal in Energy Speech

Though as a political junky I love this, it belongs in the macro or long range thread. To sin even more (and satisfy my immediate junky urges), last night's PBS News Hour pivoted on Obama's press conference about world leaders' reaction by interviewing three journalists specializing/experienced/or located in at least four major areas of the world. Not a pretty sight.

Edit: Sorry, too lazy to provide a link. Should be googleable.

See my answer above. And did know you that eating meat, especially beef, is really bad for the planet?

Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert

More carbon footprint than all those evil ICE cars combined.

When do you and all the other Tesla drivers concerned about Mother Earth go vegan?

Actually, it's keeping all the cows that is really bad for the planet; I'm doing my part trying to eat my way through them.

(P.S. first time back here in a while. Odd conversations going on....just sayin')

Do you speak as a vegan yourself or are these new annoyance tactics?

No, I'm not and I stated this before. It's about the "holier-than-thou" attitude of certain Tesla owners and investors:

I was dead serious about the beef/meat vs ICE pollution on a global scale.

There's enough academic research on the subject of carbon footprint due to beef consumption:

Environmental impact of meat production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Climate change: Why beef is the new SUV (Opinion) - CNN.com

So when someone on this board asked me for a beef dinner (for a bet I never made) I presented him with the facts. As simple as that. This will be my last post on the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buran and WarpedOne
To my eye it looks like we will close solidly above 200 day SMA. If tomorrow's morning attempt to bring TSLA back below 200 day SMA fails (and I am fairly sure that the attempt will be made), I think we might see some short covering by the end of the day, as it would be clear that TSLA is at the support level, and it is generally smarter to cover at the support level, rather than the resistance level...

Come on, now, that first half of the projection panned out as predicted, we need to switch to the second half - time to get back up above the 200 day SMA... I, after all, already sold my next week's $222.5 puts - time to go up! :)

• Love
Reactions: Wenche and FredTMC
Status
Not open for further replies.