Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember that there are intelligent investors, intelligent wise investors, intelligent unwise investors, and of course all the rest.

I agree. High intelligence and wisdom tend to correlate but not always. You may be intelligent and find many potential risks and challenges for Tesla. You may be very intelligent and find very creative ways to short TSLA, but in the words of Elon: "It's probably unwise".

IMHO: Intelligence and investing only go hand in hand, if the intelligence is used to know what the market thinks, since the market sets the price. The equity and/or company has very little to do with the public market valuation, it is immaterial what widget the company is making.
Crowds vs. swarms:
http://unanimous.ai/crowds-vs-swarms-which-is-smarter/

Really should use this thread to figure out what market sentiment is...

Wise: Your TSLA investment is stock...long term holding

Intelligent: Your TSLA investments are leveraged with options as you can read the tea leaves.

I am neither but enjoy the collective wisdom and intelligence of 'most' (you know who you are) of the contributors to this thread:cool:

Reactions: Intl Professor
JB seems more pragmatic than Elon. EM dreams the impossible, but JB tells it like it is. A great pair indeed.

If you can tolerate some unqualified psychologizing, though I haven't read the biography, somewhere I picked up the idea Elon had issues with his father, but I do believe Freud got a lot of things messed up. (The only Freudian psychiatrist I have encountered was known by his peers as a sexual predator, for example.)

People are different but by inspection from the evidence on this thread, both JB and Elon are quite intellectually confident in their own different ways and they must like themselves. What a pleasant contrast to the intellectual bullies we so often have contact with.

Meanwhile it has really been a pleasant, and sometimes hilarious, experience basking in your conversation today and yesterday. Using guy in the impersonal (asexual if there are ladies present) a real guy-guy experience.

Edit: Should be gender neutral.

Last edited:
If you can tolerate some unqualified psychologizing, though I haven't read the biography, somewhere I picked up the idea Elon had issues with his father, but I do believe Freud got a lot of things messed up. (The only Freudian psychiatrist I have encountered was known by his peers as a sexual predator, for example.)

People are different but by inspection from the evidence on this thread, both JB and Elon are quite intellectually confident in their own different ways and they must like themselves. What a pleasant contrast to the intellectual bullies we so often have contact with.

Meanwhile it has really been a pleasant, and sometimes hilarious, experience basking in your conversation today and yesterday. Using guy in the impersonal (asexual if there are ladies present) a real guy-guy experience.

Freud is most likely projecting his own problems into a theory. What he theorized might be true for a certain % of the population, but not all. Psychological theories has been wrong before and is really up to interpretation.

Psychologists, also often self admit that they have a hard time for ing deep relationships due to the constant analysis. This is from the mouth of a PhD ratting on her own profession. I've since realized that they are probably bullshitting most of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Intl Professor
Freud is most likely projecting his own problems into a theory. What he theorized might be true for a certain % of the population, but not all. Psychological theories has been wrong before and is really up to interpretation.

Psychologists, also often self admit that they have a hard time for ing deep relationships due to the constant analysis. This is from the mouth of a PhD ratting on her own profession. I've since realized that they are probably bullshitting most of the time.

Mine was perfectly ok in the sessions (marriage counseling, etc.) but was so far off the wall in conversation at social events, he would admit to being insane. One of the most psychologically gifted former students of mine, and now a centi-millionaire personal injury lawyer, said of our mutual shrink at his funeral, "a conversation with him was sheer stream of consciousness." No wonder he, the shrink, was gifted. He was a student of Gregory Bateson, Margaret Meade's husband. The attorney is so successful because he really psyches out juries and talented at spotting clients who are lying, but he's been just as stupid about some women as I have been.

Perhaps a corollary of the old-saw, an expert knows a lot. The ultimate expert has achieved so much he knows everything about nothing. (I think I got the first phrase mixed up.)

Last edited:
OMG, TMSE and sunhelm have discovered that TSLA is just now emerging from trading in the dreaded "Kilroy was here" pattern.
killroy2.jpg

Last edited:
JB seems more pragmatic than Elon. EM dreams the impossible, but JB tells it like it is. A great pair indeed.

No offense intended to the gods of this tread but my academician's bias has always been that people could be divided into janitors like my self and administrators who do the things that have to be done, but the really smart people are the artists who do the things that can't be done, sometimes with disastrous effects politically. For example, my sister-in-law says "choosing among politicians is like deciding which std you want."

Status
Not open for further replies.