Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but what do some of you snack on or drink while watching hte launch?

It's the weekend, so off topic is officially okay.

I enjoy sipping on a greyhound while watching the launch from afar, aka my back yard (about 150 miles away). If the weather is good, my neighbors think I'm crazy as I yell into the sky as you wouldn't know what it was unless you knew what it was.

Not so sure about Slovakia, France or Germany.

Spain also has considerable lower labour costs vs Germany & France.

Spain has a big automative industry and transport infrastructure

Edit: and ports for shipments to Middle East

If all Spain offers is lower labor costs, then it will lose out. Tesla has suppliers in Germany, plus they have a bigger target market, so my bets on Germany over Spain.

Porsche attempted a leveraged buyout of VW because they could read the writing on the wall:....

I think it was more than that....there was family drama to boot. It is a fascinating read, so anyone interested will be rewarded. It led to one mother of a short squeeze...

Porsche crashes into controversy in the ultimate 'short squeeze'

porsche_2906.jpg

Reactions: FANGO
If all Spain offers is lower labor costs, then it will lose out. Tesla has suppliers in Germany, plus they have a bigger target market, so my bets on Germany over Spain.[/QUOTE

I will be thinking of the Chines.
I became aware by the news in Norway, that "Nevs" in Trollhattan, Sweden, was looking for 500 enginers from Norway to support the developement of their ev factory. The old Saab factory was bought by the Chinese a few years ago. The Chines mother ( see the link to their webpage) have several factories in China. As I understand it they are not producing nor developing ev's under their own brand, but customise their production, both in Sweden and China

Nevs Industrial Services | About us

Anyone that know some more about this?

Nevs Industrial Services | About us

Anyone that know some more about this?
I will be thinking of the Chines.
I became aware by the news in Norway, that "Nevs" in Trollhattan, Sweden, was looking for 500 enginers from Norway to support the developement of their ev factory. The old Saab factory was bought by the Chinese a few years ago. The Chines mother ( see the link to their webpage) have several factories in China. As I understand it they are not producing nor developing ev's under their own brand, but customise their production, both in Sweden and China.
Note:
Somthing went wrong when I tried to guote a post and my reply was included in the quote, sorry.

OH yeah that part. Didn't realize because it was the Perfect time for me. Almost like they delayed it so I can enjoy it.

It is peculiar that Tesla fanboys always find an excuse to be enthused with anything Musk does.

My question is how you can possibly trust this man after all?
With anything?!?

It is peculiar that Tesla fanboys always find an excuse to be enthused with anything Musk does.

With anything?!?

Agreed. I think they've only got 14% of launches on time. And they still need to invest billions to get to Mars...

Last edited:

With anything?!?
Not like he is a rocket scientist or anything!

Last edited:
I think it was more than that..

There is a reason why Porsche targeted VW instead of Daimler or BMW.

And why it was hostile instead of friendly merger talks.

But the underlying economic rational was there: spreading out the necessary R & D that was necessary to meet government mandates could not be met by spreading the cost over Porsche's small number of units sold per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.