Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tidbits culled from recent Leno & Cramer: (ignore if all ready posted)

"I don't quite understand why we don't celebrate entrepreneurship and success more in this country," Leno said. "I'm very optimistic. I'm one of those people who believe that engineers will save the world."

"We're becoming like the British now. We like noble failures more than we reward success," he said, comparing the Tesla maker to other American inventors. "I think Elon Musk is the Thomas Edison or the Henry Ford."

Max pain for Friday is 225, so this is a logical point for TSLA to head by week's end. On the other hand, shorts will try to clip the wings of this rally, if possible. I see the front lines today as 220, with shorts trying to pull us below it at close, if possible, but it may not be possible. Shorts will want a close around 219.99 and longs may spoil that plan with buying. Volume is low at the moment, and so anything is possible.

Edit: I think the thesis the shorts are now trying to sell is that TSLA is stuck trading sideways, and we all know that TSLA eventually falls if it can't climb out of sideways trading. Fortunately, I don't think that thesis will prove correct this time.

Last edited:
It's nice to see some solid green today, but as others have noted, volume is puny. Everybody is waiting on the sidelines before the FOMC announcement in about 10 minutes.

I'm expecting us to follow the market one way or the other once the FOMC announcement is digested. Hopefully we'll break to the upside and close solidly above the 200 day moving average.

Last edited:
Some tidbits culled from recent Leno & Cramer: (ignore if all ready posted)

"I don't quite understand why we don't celebrate entrepreneurship and success more in this country," Leno said. "I'm very optimistic. I'm one of those people who believe that engineers will save the world."

"We're becoming like the British now. We like noble failures more than we reward success," he said, comparing the Tesla maker to other American inventors. "I think Elon Musk is the Thomas Edison or the Henry Ford."

Ugh, just got to say that Elon would not want to be compared to Thomas Edison. 10 Ways Edison Treated Tesla Like a Jerk - Listverse

Just google Thomas Edison. He never invented anything, he was just a good self promoter and a ruthless businessman.

Edit: I know I am correcting your source, not you @larmor

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: everman
JamesTSLA, you never answered my question about a statement you made yesterday. Did you say "fake Ron Baron rally" because you feel that Ron Baron is fake or that the stock never ran up to 235?

Be careful not to call out other members by name or your posts will be moved to snippiness. As it turns out it's perfectly fine to come to TMC to troll and abuse the site in order to generate media attention which in turn influences stock price, but it's considered snippy to call out those doing it. (I too though would love to know what he meant by fake Ron Baron rally)

snippiness

Be careful not to call out other members by name or your posts will be moved to snippiness. As it turns out it's perfectly fine to come to TMC to troll and abuse the site in order to generate media attention which in turn influences stock price, but it's considered snippy to call out those doing it. (I too though would love to know what he meant by fake Ron Baron rally)

snippiness

I think it's okay to call them by name, just don't call them names. Letting the rest of us know who or what you are referring to improves readability (especially when some of us are ignoring others).

I think it's okay to call them by name, just don't call them names. Letting the rest of us know who or what you are referring to improves readability (especially when some of us are ignoring others).

No, my post in the "Model S suspension issues" thread was moved with the following alert:

"Your post in the thread Suspension Problem on Model S was moved to snippiness. Reason: Calling out individual members by name"

I can't really repost the post here, can I, then it will be moved again presumably. But I guess it's not forbidden to link to it, and then anyway who dares can venture in to the realm of snippiness.

snippiness

Ah, but you see I am just seeking clarification from JamesTSLA. He's very quick to seek clarification from others, so the gentle soul should be willing to provide clarification of his own statements when it is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.