Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla will reportedly debut a second car at the Model 3 event in March | The Verge

I think the idea sparked by Jullian Cox about two cars debut in March is caught by media. I would suggest NOT to start baseless rumors from TMC. It doesn't help Telsa nor TSLA a bit. It can potentially harm the stock instead, as it pointlessly hype public expectation only to be met with disappointment later. Increase the chance and extent on "sell on news" effect.

Tesla will reportedly debut a second car at the Model 3 event in March | The Verge

I think the idea sparked by Jullian Cox about two cars debut in March is caught by media. I would suggest NOT to start baseless rumors from TMC. It doesn't help Telsa nor TSLA a bit. It can potentially harm the stock instead, as it pointlessly hype public expectation only to be met with disappointment later. Increase the chance and extent on "sell on news" effect.

Someone is reading this thread too much. Check the original article title. Model 3 surprise: Tesla is preparing to announce 2 vehicles in March (Updated: Tesla Denies)

That's what I've been talking about. LNG is priced out of the market already.

Suppose you buy natural gas for $2/MMBtu, liquify and ship it for $5/MMBtu, then hope someone will pay $8/MMBtu in Asia for it.

But why should they? If they use a combined cycle natural gas plant it will take 8 MMBtu to produce 1 MWh. That's $64/MWh just for the fuel.

Or they could go with solar under $50/MWh all in.

The economics of LNG just don't work.

Add one more thing.

Look to failed LNG import markets for using batteries for peak power.

If there is a market for $8/MMBtu LNG, you'd think that it would be for gas peakers. But gas peakers use about 11.371 MMBtu / MWh. So this is $91/MWh for just the fuel. One can pair utility scale solar with Powerpacks (2MWh storage to 1MW solar) and get the combined cost down to $2/W, which makes $95/MWh possible with suitable financing and adequate sun. Such a system would be highly dispatchable and quite competitive with a gas peaker on a performance basis. That is the full cost of dispatchable solar $95 compared with $91/MWh for just the fuel in a gas peaker.

So batteries and solar price LNG and gas peakers out of these LNG import markets.

Not that I condone starting rumors, but Sell the News happens with remarkable consistency, with or without any sort of tangible news. It's like oil, TSLA drops with oil but doesn't recover with oil. May as well for oil just not going down in the first place!

Not Jullian's fault. All he tried to do was take pieces of information and try to figure out what the company could bring to the future. This has been going on since I got here in 2012 and it's one of the reasons this place is the best for information. The ones in the media that flock to this site to try and get "better reasoning" than their own and make it into published articles are the fools.

What about the analyst who gave estimate of 18k overall with a few k of X in the mix for Q4 delivery estimate not long before New Year? I do think the actual numbers were perceived more disappointing given that analyst's estimate.

Not that I condone starting rumors, but Sell the News happens with remarkable consistency, with or without any sort of tangible news. It's like oil, TSLA drops with oil but doesn't recover with oil. May as well for oil just not going down in the first place!

Not Jullian's fault. All he tried to do was take pieces of information and try to figure out what the company could bring to the future. This has been going on since I got here in 2012 and it's one of the reasons this place is the best for information. The ones in the media that flock to this site to try and get "better reasoning" than their own and make it into published articles are the fools.

Agreed.

He wasn't even the first to suggest this. It had been mentioned previously that it might be possible for them to unveil them both at the same time. We have been speculating on that off and on for over a year now when Elon first started talking about the M3 being a platform and hints that it would be called the Y for the crossover and such. The slides just added to the speculation and Julian was the latest to add speculation based on the latest hints from the company.

It's not his fault and I dont think we should stop speculating because someone *might* take those speculations and run with it.

Morning!

Europe is green again, oil is green, no bad news, yesterday's price action was really good, we almost hit the 52 week low acting as great support. Series of 8 red candles, was completely oversold, hammers all over the place (the one from yesterday was really a sign buyers are coming back), max pain @ 200, Powerwalls.
Only worry is the price action AH, as a few mentioned earlier and X.

But isn't it time we have a decent relief rally fueled by shorts covering? If we'd be talking about odds, it's time we see solid green.

Sidenote: 260 pages on this thread (and not over) for the first month of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.