Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No signature edition for Model 3 and reservations begin Mar 31 in stores and April 1 online. $1,000 to reserve a Model 3.
Story here
We ought to have a prediction contest for the first week. The numbers are going to be ludicrous.

Consider what those reservation numbers will do to the stock price.

Oh, my goodness! That is quite a bit less than I was leaning towards for a reservation cost. Will now have to seriously revise my estimation of reservations that was already quite high. And I LOFF that he did it in a tweet a few hours after the ER. I happily predict that the Tesla reservation site will break within minutes of opening up to the public.

I guess we'll see. But have to say at the 80K price point for 3, I'd rather get the S unless somehow they can figure out the traction limiting factor. If this M3 has a faster 0-60 time than the S, then that would be a compelling choice for the performance-type driver.

Maybe not faster than the top of the line P90DL, but I would expect it to at least match the 0-60 times of the BMW M3 (currently the best at performance in the entry luxury), and possibly beat it.

Oh, my goodness! That is quite a bit less than I was leaning towards for a reservation cost. Will now have to seriously revise my estimation of reservations that was already quite high. And I LOFF that he did it in a tweet a few hours after the ER. I happily predict that the Tesla reservation site will break within minutes of opening up to the public.

i am planning to wait outside the store for them to open 31.march

I happily predict that the Tesla reservation site will break within minutes of opening up to the public.

I used to think this too, until Elon's tweets. Allowing people to go to one of the hundreds of stores around the world in order to place a reservation will take a lot of "early adopter heat" off the web servers.

Also, it is possible that placing a reservation for a car is not viewed the same way as buying a car, and perhaps reservations will be possible showrooms in Texas, Michigan and so on. Either way, the hypothetical showrooms missing from "banned states" account for a very small number of Tesla's worldwide retail outlet count.

As for TSLA - nice bump up so far today. It was still a revenues miss, so it was good that guidance is so impressive :)

People need time to think about reserving or not? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That's hilarious.
For me it is simple:
79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

OK so I read through the transcript of yesterday's CC. Not bad. I guess I was so distracted by chatting with my wife, two different groups of friends, view/posting on TMC and another forum while listening to CC. Still not optimistic about TE generating meaningful net profit this year. But for everything else, quite good. And on my previous comment on EM's "vagueness" of $100/kWh, I totally take that back. Appears I missed a lot of context yesterday.

What happens on 31st - for example, in Stockholm Tesla Store - the M3 reveal is later (most probably will be) and for the time zone sake - what time it will be for me to be in store? 10 or 11 PM? Stores will be open?

Status
Not open for further replies.