Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the warnings, I got myself into a corner again...
We knocked twice at the 240 door and were denied entry, I was expecting more of a little drop to 225-230 and waiting there for the 31st event before really big move either way.
But 215 this morning pre-market, no good :-(
Pre-Market volume is not that low, is it? With close to 40 000 ans still 2 hours to go, it's more than average. I just hope we slowly close the gap with yesterday's closing price as we get closer to the opening, thereafter, I have no cristal ball.
But indeed oil lower, futures lower, Europe in the red, bracing yourself is a good, wise advice...

As much as I want to be realistic as denial is no good, there is quite an event next week, so why a correction of 10%. I can't believe it's a trend reversal...

Remarkable statements from Audi & Porsche in the latest EE-Times Automotive issue, to my opinion now openly confirming Tesla's / Elon's vision and the confirming the inevitable switch to EV's :

Audi commits to electromobility – and bows to Tesla

Audi :
“Speed without repentance” is the promise of electromobility, according to Stefan Niemand '(*) who oversees Audi’s electromobility strategy. At the recent Technical Congress of Germany’s powerful automotive industry organization VDA, Niemand criticized the industry for missing a huge chance. At the same time, he found words of appreciation for competitor Tesla.

and.. “Those who had ever driven electrically are lost for the internal combustion engine for all times”, Niemand (*) said.

and : "Here comes Tesla into play – the competitor has single-handedly established such a high-performance infrastructure. The Audi manager conceded he is impressed by the American manufacturer. “I hate to admit it, but Tesla did everything right”, he said"

Porsche :
"Porsche R&D director Michael Steiner said there is not much headroom left for the energetic optimization potential for the automobile – at least not for the conventional one. To improve the energy efficiency of the entire mobility section in the economy, electrification is the only option, he said. “The next logical step is the electrification”, he said in his keynote speech, titled “The sports car of the future”.

(*) Personal side note: Niemand is Dutch & German for 'Nobody'. Hope he is more important than that at Audi :rolleyes:

I hope these statements spread and hit the news. Glad I am not betting against Tesla / Musk.

Last edited:
Is there anyone online that knows the options world well? I've lost all my gains and it looks like I'll be deep i the red when the market opens. I have all my options set to sell at market as soon as it opens. I'm not well versed so I am open to advice before I do so. Otherwise.. well this has already hurt quite a bit, I suppose a little more wont kill me. :(

Is there anyone online that knows the options world well? I've lost all my gains and it looks like I'll be deep i the red when the market opens. I have all my options set to sell at market as soon as it opens. I'm not well versed so I am open to advice before I do so. Otherwise.. well this has already hurt quite a bit, I suppose a little more wont kill me. :(

I am not experienced with options. Sure someone who is will comment. You do not tell what option exactly it is you are holding. Is it a weekly ?

Note: be careful you are not setting yourself up to panic sell at the bottom with that order.

Edit : Hope you did not sell the first second at open !

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Cant tell you what to do. All depends on the expiration date on your calls.

I sold my april-15 calls yesterday to move them to june/july calls. Kept my jan18 calls as this is just e temporary setback.

Sell at market price?

Depending on expiry and strikes the bid/ask spread can be huge and by placing a market order you have to assume you sell at the bid price. Since there's no premarket for options it's hard to know what that bid will be.

off topic: German Auto Industry

Remarkable statements from Audi & Porsche in the latest EE-Times Automotive issue, to my opinion now openly confirming Tesla's / Elon's vision and the confirming the inevitable switch to EV's :

Audi commits to electromobility – and bows to Tesla

Audi :
“Speed without repentance” is the promise of electromobility, according to Stefan Niemand '(*) who oversees Audi’s electromobility strategy. At the recent Technical Congress of Germany’s powerful automotive industry organization VDA, Niemand criticized the industry for missing a huge chance. At the same time, he found words of appreciation for competitor Tesla.

and.. “Those who had ever driven electrically are lost for the internal combustion engine for all times”, Niemand (*) said.

and : "Here comes Tesla into play – the competitor has single-handedly established such a high-performance infrastructure. The Audi manager conceded he is impressed by the American manufacturer. “I hate to admit it, but Tesla did everything right”, he said"

Porsche :
"Porsche R&D director Michael Steiner said there is not much headroom left for the energetic optimization potential for the automobile – at least not for the conventional one. To improve the energy efficiency of the entire mobility section in the economy, electrification is the only option, he said. “The next logical step is the electrification”, he said in his keynote speech, titled “The sports car of the future”.

(*) Personal side note: Niemand is Dutch & German for 'Nobody'. Hope he is more important than that at Audi :rolleyes:

I hope these statements spread and hit the news. Glad I am not betting against Tesla / Musk.

Wow! Very interesting...

Is it new to see such an admission coming from the top?
Does that herald a big change in direction, I wonder, or will it all be too little to late, no matter what?

There were also dozens of model S's but I didn't take the time to figure out which were new and which were loaners etc. so I didn't quote a number.

Thanks. I was just trying to gauge if the mix was roughly even. Someone did a factory visit and said that the person thought the production was roughly 1:1 right now. Just looking for more confirmation on that.

Slightly off-topic, but pls help. Define Foxconnolisation or foxconnolization. Both terms were googlewhacked and pointed right back to this forum - single search result, I honestly didn't think that was possible any more...

Foxconn is Apple's manufacturer in China. A company in itself but in reality a subsidiary of Apple.

Reactions: CatB
Status
Not open for further replies.