Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the key word here is "Considers". Makes it a non-issue, except for hyper-excitable shorts (that sounds vaguely wrong). It might be different if the title said that VW is building.... even then.
But in the end Tesla wins. More batteries + more EVs = the death of carbon burners. Only losers are the exhaust huffers.

I think that we'll see an attempt at closing above $225.

Would be nice, so there will be no need to roll this week's $225 puts that I sold last week...

Wow, incredibly low volume. I'm assuming SP could easily be pushed either way.

I have no short term options at this time but with this being the Friday before a holiday I think we do have low volume and if the MMs want to mainipulate they can. However, there seemed to be very little difference in the max pain levels close to $220 so while I don't see 225+, I also don't see $217.50 at close.

Only problem I see with the idea of Spain is that it's just too far out of the way. Alsace is such more central to (old) Europe, so supply and delivery logistics would surely be easier.

On the other hand, Spain would be good for the solar panels powering the plant...

How likely (or unlikely) is it that we reach 225 either by close or in AH?
Utilizing my highly sophisticated and scientific method of extracting O2 out of my Gluteus Maximus, I feel that it is likely as much chance as unlikely that we will close at $225 today. Unless it does close above $225, then it was likely that it would, and if it doesn't, then it was unlikely. Sorry Tanner, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, the only person that might know this besides the big dude upstairs(maybe) would be @Causalian with his 8ball, but seems he has handed the 8ball over to @vgrinshpun today...

Utilizing my highly sophisticated and scientific method of extracting O2 out of my Gluteus Maximus, I feel that it is likely as much chance as unlikely that we will close at $225 today. Unless it does close above $225, then it was likely that it would, and if it doesn't, then it was unlikely. Sorry Tanner, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, the only person that might know this besides the big dude upstairs(maybe) would be @Causalian with his 8ball, but seems he has handed the 8ball over to @vgrinshpun today...

Nope, no 8ball here.

Usually, I back up my projections by napkin math, but today I just eye-balled it...

Spain is not going to happen. Musk will play German provinces vs. France but end up in Slovakia or Slovenia with some special super low tax deal. That's my prediction I'm making officially and you can hold me to it. That and new ATH on September 13th.

Serious question, probably as a result of missing an important post you made with all the nonsense banter going on in this thread, but what drives the ATH on 9/13 in your analysis? Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: Gerardf and FANGO
Does anybody know where Tesla is posting their monthly sales numbers first? Is it the WSJ auto numbers? If so it seems off, for example it says they've only sold about 10,000 YTD.
They don't post their monthly sales numbers, only quarterly ones for now. Inside EVs usually give their estimates on the 1st or 2nd day of the month though. But that's only for US sales.

• Informative
Reactions: Yuri_G and tander
Not so sure about Slovakia, France or Germany.

Spain also has considerable lower labour costs vs Germany & France.

Spain has a big automative industry and transport infrastructure

Edit: and ports for shipments to Middle East

Labour cost will not be the main concern; it will be the whole package. Close to German car industry will be a big one (beat them on their own turf).

Germany is home to many highly qualified automotive engineers (though many of them in engines and gearbox design).

Any announcement of progress with becoming a multiple country/factory company should give TSLA a strong short term push.

Status
Not open for further replies.