Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo... apparently one could just start a thread with some rumors here om TMC, file a report with NHTSA, get some bear blogs to write about it and follow the market and take advantage of the panic selling...

Suspension Problem on Model S
Exactly. Trolls using troll web sites as evidence for their troll posts. Apparently it works.

Maybe it was a missing boot or something. I think the bigger issue is the ham-handed way they offered to pay for the out-of-warranty repair with a NDA. If that is all true, they could get into trouble for just handling it wrong.

I bolted out of my positions at the end of the day. Not a panic sell exactly. The run up was out of gas. I expected it to trade in a range for a few weeks so I was in no hurry to reposition. This will be a non-event in hindsight, but I expect it will be a 2-3 day event. At the least the 50 day is broken and we will retest the 200. Don't mean to be Mr Bear McBear but this will cause the stock to drop for a few days, IMO.

I ain't selling nothin' until Johan calls for it like he did the last time.o_O:cool:.

Edit: We needed a little humor!

• Funny
Reactions: Wenche and Johan
There is one guy spreading FUD all over Yahoo and recently SA about this. Must be for a year now.

He uses many names, like keef, and most recently weeblywoobly (or similar). He has been kicked of many forums, multiple times. He collects pictures of Models-s that has an accident, insinuating that the cause was the suspension, where it was often immidiatly clear that such was not the case.

He was probably the one that made several anonymous safety warnings to the NTHSA.
This guy : Tesla back suspension broken

As memtioned earlier, many cases were proven false and lies. Well lies,... Better call it libel.

I am mobile, can not look the record up on the NTHSA site now.

Edit: and the guy of the daily Kanban has proven to spread fud before. He still owes some here some hat-eating.

Last edited:
Good points. 60kwh base price is a great way to gets price sensitive customers "in the door". There are probably very few customers that buy a completely base model. Most will add options such as tech package, leather, roof, wheels etc

They have nearly 400,000 people who have put down a reservation on a 3. If only 1% move across (probably optimistic) to the S then that's great. And remember the $1000 reservation deposit is transferable to the S...

It also allows many other buyers to have less sticker shock but still allow the upgrade of range when they are ready to unlock it. It's actually a great way to buy a car.

Reactions: gene and FredTMC
If there's one thing I know, it's that Tesla wouldn't cover up a safety issue. They've already issued a couple voluntary recalls proactively. Why would they risk trying to cover this up?

I bought back the LEAP I sold yesterday and am looking to add more if the market wants to give us an even bigger discount tomorrow. I think we may get an explanatory blog post before I get the chance, though.

There is one guy spreading FUD all over Yahoo and recently SA about this. Must be for a year now.

He uses many names, like keef, and most recently weeblywoobly (or similar). He has been kicked of many forums, multiple times. He collects pictures of Models-s that has an accident, insinuating that the cause was the suspension, where it was often immidiatly clear that such was not the case.

He was probably the one that made several anonymous safety warnings to the NTHSA.

I am mobile, can not look them up now..
Is that the wampy wheels guy? I felt sorry for him since he was clearly having mental issues. They talk about fanboys, but it is the haters who are very unstable individuals. Now this makes me wonder if it was really mental illness or if he was in on this latest short scam. People say the mainstream media is lazy and corrupt. They apparently are amateurs in that regard compared to the financial media for sure.

If there's one thing I know, it's that Tesla wouldn't cover up a safety issue. They've already issued a couple voluntary recalls proactively. Why would they risk trying to cover this up?

I bought back the LEAP I sold yesterday and am looking to add more if the market wants to give us an even bigger discount tomorrow. I think we may get an explanatory blog post before I get the chance, though.
Yep, let's hope there's an explanation before the day's out.

True, and we would see such a response in 2-3 days. Check the timing on the norway fire for instance. IIRC, that was a few days. That incident is probably a good comparison. The sky fell for a VERY short period and then gone like it never happened.
Yes, but this (if not dispelled) could be more "catastrophic", for lack of a better term. I predict they'll get something (preliminary at the very least) out as soon as possible, maybe follow-up details and a blog post after a tweet from Elon concerning the matter.

Reuters update says the report is related to a "potentially troublesome NDA." They are concerned that the NDA discourages owners from reporting safety issues to the agency. Tesla of course says that's not the intention at all.

This is a non-issue.
I have a feeling the NDA is more about going splitsies on the bill for this one specific customer. Trying to make the guy happy and saying this is more of an exception than a rule... but of course the news and Tesla.

Reactions: Crowded Mind
Just my two cents.. I think we have some short interest in the stock trying to manipulate the price. I don't see this as a long time hinderance on stock price. Elon Musk is always in front on problems and as stated before by another person, he has issued several recalls to fix problems. For me, this pullback just represents another buying opportunity for TSLA stock. The TSLA story is a strong one both in cars and battery systems through the giga factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.