Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing wasn't mentioned yet is it might be not in the company our big investor's interest to have big share price moves before the vote since it will introduce uncertainty. Another point is that looks to me the concern about share price at the merger announcement was misplaced, it mattered what the RATIO was and how fare was that. Price is now of little relevance since the market is pricing in a high probability of merger.​

That is unless Elon pulls an Adam Jonas and lays out the case for on demand mobility a la Uber. Not banking on it though.

I am just going to keep repeating this: If Tesla can make full autonomous cars they are already the most valuable company in the world. Renting them out ala Uber is an afterthought.

Unless you are talking about integrating software/network to allow M3 Human DRIVERS to compete with Uber, which is a good idea but not what is typically mentioned.

So much of the price action today is in anticipation of SMP2 release. No guarantees what TSLA will actually do when the SMP2 is released, but the promise of an upcoming SMP2 has been a useful catalyst to the SP for over a week now. It allowed TSLA to weather the autopilot FUDstorm last week, and for this I am grateful.

I am just going to keep repeating this: If Tesla can make full autonomous cars they are already the most valuable company in the world. Renting them out ala Uber is an afterthought.

Unless you are talking about integrating software/network to allow M3 Human DRIVERS to compete with Uber, which is a good idea but not what is typically mentioned.

When the last master plan came, autonomy was not on the table. Now it is front and center for Tesla, though they are arguably behind Google. So I would think it at least merits a mention in the master plan. Though, it remains to be seen how many cards Elon wants to show.

I don't know what approach they'll use for this vote, but proxy communications have gone out well in advance of the annual meeting voting.
For example this year, I received my notice on April 19th for the meeting on May 31st. It was for holders as of April 8th.

For the last six proxies, the record date has been consistently about a week before the proxy was filed, and the proxy was filed about six weeks before the annual meeting.

One thing wasn't mentioned yet is it might be not in the company our big investor's interest to have big share price moves before the vote since it will introduce uncertainty. Another point is that looks to me the concern about share price at the merger announcement was misplaced, it mattered what the RATIO was and how fare was that. Price is now of little relevance since the market is pricing in a high probability of merger.​
Investors who are buying Tesla and SolarCity likely favor the merger within the exchange range, while those who don't like the deal are inclined to sell out of both companies. So as time goes on the composition of both bodies of shareholders will shift and skew toward favoring the deal. And yes, it's the ratio of shares that matters not the dollar price of SCTY. So as investors self-select into and out of these stocks, we should see tighter convergence in the two stocks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Papafox and TMSE
Come on guys, how much more evidence do we need? Everything and a kitchen sink was thrown out at TSLA as it stubbornly moving up - do you really think SMP2 will matter short term, one way or another?

IMO it will not, not in a very short term. It will take weeks for it to sink into the investor's conscience. Until then TSLA is being ruled by escalating recalls.

Here is another circumstantial evidence: why, after the recent rather steep increase in outstanding shares, although the short interest is in absolute numbers lower than ATH, Mr. Doug Haas can't borrow shares for shorting? I think the answer is simple: because institutions are in the process of recalling them and are not in a position to lend these shares out.

"Unwise"

Very low volume today. Kind of melting up.

OT, funny:

Screenshot 2016-07-20 13.51.54.png

Ok, there has been some enthusiasm for Tesla that has left SolarCity in the dust. The spread opened up to $11.63. This is pretty plum for buying SolarCity. Be careful paying too much for Tesla when it gets ahead of SolarCity.

If TSLA shorts are closing hard, that could induce a wider spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.