Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can hang out around here until after lunch I bet that will inspire some confidence in longs and get some shorts to cover. **Crosses fingers**

From experience (from 2009 to now) it normally take 2-4 days until the climb start after news/er/anything substantial.:) just praying it is still so.. need to transfer some funds to my stock account

This self driving car was available for rides when I was recently in Singapore. They were giving free rides around the high tech campus near where I was working. I think it is a highly mapped out controlled area. I did not get a chance to sign up but your have like to.

Just after I left yesterday heard from one of my collegues about this collision.

Driverless car hits lorry during test drive

From experience (from 2009 to now) it normally take 2-4 days until the climb start after news/er/anything substantial.:) just praying it is still so.. need to transfer some funds to my stock account
I agree, however I think the difference this time is that the ER is next week. Maybe this difference won't matter :p I wouldn't be surprised if we just hang out around here until the ER.

I agree, however I think the difference this time is that the ER is next week. Maybe this difference won't matter :p I wouldn't be surprised if we just hang out around here until the ER.
I'm thinking of loading up prior to ER
Just wondering what's the probability that results will be good ( against missed expectations )
Will it duplicate the recent feat achieved for delivery results ?

I'm thinking of loading up prior to ER
Just wondering what's the probability that results will be good ( against missed expectations )
Will it duplicate the recent feat achieved for delivery results ?
I believe so, but I've been wrong before.

WS seems to be expecting somewhere right on the cusp of breakeven to slightly negative (-$0.65 - +$0.02 EPS).

I'm expecting in the neighborhood of +$1 ish EPS, maybe more. Depends how good a deal we got selling off that truckload of ZEV credits and how automotive margins were affected by discounting and software limited 60s.

Until ER + 2-4 days .. ;-)

My guess is shorts will try as usual to kill any explosive climb, and manage to keep it down a few days at most before the sheer pressure will make it explode- smal explosions (5-10%) at a time over the next months.

I believe so, but I've been wrong before.

WS seems to be expecting somewhere right on the cusp of breakeven to slightly negative (-$0.65 - +$0.02 EPS).

I'm expecting in the neighborhood of +$1 ish EPS, maybe more. Depends how good a deal we got selling off that truckload of ZEV credits and how automotive margins were affected by discounting and software limited 60s.
Clearly IMO Elon is trying to cause the SP to rise. It depends on if you believe that he knows what he is doing. Is he attempting to cause a rise with insufficient bullets? I believe he's got this.

Imagine a world, where one driver somewhere in the world crashed. Then after a month, every single driver in the world learned to never make that mistake again. Ever.

That's where Tesla is going, whether autopilot is engaged or not (since it's running in the background).

It will take quite some time for people to wrap their little pea-brains around that one.

please don't accept this announcement as indisputable truth... there is virtually zero reason to equip vehicles with fully autonomous hardware at this time... there are many potentially critical paths to overcome that will take many years... deploying level 5 features today makes absolutely no sense and in my opinion is being used for hype.
Look, I get it. You do not believe in the long term potential of this company so you're trying to diminish its accomplishments here. But what purpose do you serve in this board except to collect dislikes? Am I to be convinced by you telling me fully autonomous is just hype versus Tesla's aspiration that they can absolutely do this by end of next year? What Tesla/Elon has said, they have delivered, albeit late but we accept that. What you have said, have been saying and will continue to say will always fall short. Stop trying.

Wait until the market digests this bit of information now currently displayed on the Full Self-Driving Capability section in the Design Studio. "Please note also that using a self-driving Tesla for car sharing and ride hailing for friends and family is fine, but doing so for revenue purposes will only be permissible on the Tesla Network, details of which will be released next year." Think of the revenue stream from the "Tesla Network"!!

How does that work?
I know that I license software (vs. own it), but if I have a Tesla and decide to use it for Uber or Lyft, I need to turn off the self-driving feature?
How do they enforce that? How do they even know that I am using it for an Uber transaction vs. ride hailing for friends?
Prior usage/mileage/location history. If it suddenly varies from the norm, then you might be a darn-tootin, Uberin' varmint.

they have proven this to YOU... dude... they have 150k cars on the planet... how exactly did they "prove" that Tesla Autopilot is safer than the other billion cars?

@myusername, good point. The comparison should be with other cars in the same class, not global stats that include countries with very poor traffic conditions and unsafe cars.
You have attracted some algobots that automatically hit dislike button for all your posts :)

Also, I sincerely thank our moderator @AudubonB for being quite impartial in keeping most posts here and not banning anyone just for having a negative viewpoint, even though the volume of posts has been high from a few on both sides of the aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.