Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon's thoughts on adding noise to the Model S:

The relevant part is at 32 minute mark.

I am dumbfounded and flabbergasted by those who laughed to mock a completely valid question :( They probably don't drive electric and are completely unaware of the situation, still didn't hesitate to laugh at the matter that 100% of US senators found to be a valid issue. It's not like this is a new issue. As the wikipedia page shows, this is being researched and regulations/solutions are proposed since 2007.

I'm glad, that they are not in charge of our roadways.

Reactions: Fallenone and dha
Trump victory won’t halt the U.S. clean energy boom
http://flip.it/NK3JMm

Those federal tax credits for wind and solar? They were passed last December by a Republican Congress with bipartisan support. Revoking them would require a legislative effort that may not be looked upon kindly by the many Republican lawmakers who have renewable energy manufacturing and development in their states. Lawmakers like Senator Chuck Grassley, an Iowa Republican, who said this summer: “If he wants to do away with it, he’ll have to get a bill through Congress, and he’ll do it over my dead body.” He won’t be the only one: looking across the country – and the electoral map – the top-10 wind-energy producing congressional districts are represented by Republicans.

Sorry Moderators. Extremely frustrated with everything Tesla these days. The relentless negativity and no support from any climate change personality, Buffets, Saccas, Cubans, movie stars. Nobody buying. Not a buyer out of the whole bunch.
Like it. Sounds like we are near the bottom.

You can't do that (reliably). Customer VINs are assigned when an order confirms, the actual production of that car could be months away.
I never said it's a perfect indicator of production but imo it works quite well. Vins are not always assigned right away, particularly when the car is months away from production, as with the x 5 seaters. You can also get a good idea of inventory runs (which we know are always built right away) when vin gaps appear. In my model the vins often come reasonably close to actual quarterly production, close enough to be a useful data point.

Is Tesla the Election’s Biggest Loser?

Pretty short article, but Barron's is sounding a good bit bearish on TSLA in T-land.

Probably not the best sign given their large stake and support for TSLA in the past.

As an unrelated note, technology stocks in general have taken an extremely large hit since the election results. Investors don't see much success in American technology stocks in the next administration it seems.

I never said it's a perfect indicator of production but imo it works quite well. Vins are not always assigned right away, particularly when the car is months away from production, as with the x 5 seaters. You can also get a good idea of inventory runs (which we know are always built right away) when vin gaps appear. In my model the vins often come reasonably close to actual quarterly production, close enough to be a useful data point.

Another datapoint is that over the past three months roughly 17K Model S VINs have been assigned (156xxx to 173xxx). Data for the X are a little harder to come by but it looks like about 11-12K Model X VINs were assigned in the three months through the end of October. Assuming no significant gaps that would mean that approximately 28-29K S/X have been added to the production queue in the past 3 months or so. Some of these will be needed to replenish the supply of demos, etc. or were delivered in Q3, and some won't be delivered until Q1 2017, but it's a datapoint to factor in. Some of the early VINs referenced above were delivered in the last quarter, but we have another week or so of new VINs that may make their way into Q4 production that should balance that out.

When you add in the 5K vehicles in transit that could be a nice pool to make guidance of 25K deliveries, plus a good head start on Q1 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
Is Tesla the Election’s Biggest Loser?

Pretty short article, but Barron's is sounding a good bit bearish on TSLA in T-land.

Probably not the best sign given their large stake and support for TSLA in the past.

As an unrelated note, technology stocks in general have taken an extremely large hit since the election results. Investors don't see much success in American technology stocks in the next administration it seems.

Barron's is a publisher; Ron Baron is a billionaire investor

Barron's publishes hit pieces to get eyeballs; Ron Baron invests his own money in what he believes in

Barron's takes pleasure trashing Tesla; Ron Baron loves Tesla

There is nothing in common between them

Status
Not open for further replies.