Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that camera could then be used to watch users of the Tesla Network who may or may not be smoking and having sex in your car.

Talk about Tesla network!

tumblr_nm35pel1191soax7po1_500.jpg

The worst offenders are on Twitter under the hashtag $TSLA. We need to unite -spread the truth, combat the FUD. I didn't see a single person on there from this chat group since I posted about it yesterday. Are we going to sit back and watch this influential section of Twitter (where traders go for ideas) get even worse? People read that a lot more than this forum. If you want change, get over there and do what you do here.

If wading into the twitterverse keep a copy of the Brattle Group Report on storage benefits handy. And note that their baseline for estimated battery costs ($/kWh, 2020) is Tree-Fitty.
IMG_4642.jpg

Where did you get the idea that the initial version (of the car?) might never have full autonomy?
From the recesses of my own skeptical brain. I've always had an assumption that infrared sensors would be key to recognizing warm bodies for full autonomy, especially at night and in other low visibility situations, because a fully autonomous vehicle is going to need to be so much more reliable than a human to be accepted. Plus I'd like my autonomous vehicle to be able to "see" those deer by the side of the road behind those bushes before they jump in front of me.

From the recesses of my own skeptical brain. I've always had an assumption that infrared sensors would be key to recognizing warm bodies for full autonomy, especially at night and in other low visibility situations, because a fully autonomous vehicle is going to need to be so much more reliable than a human to be accepted. Plus I'd like my autonomous vehicle to be able to "see" those deer by the side of the road behind those bushes before they jump in front of me.
Radar

Reactions: Yuri_G
The worst offenders are on Twitter under the hashtag $TSLA. We need to unite -spread the truth, combat the FUD. I didn't see a single person on there from this chat group since I posted about it yesterday. Are we going to sit back and watch this influential section of Twitter (where traders go for ideas) get even worse? People read that a lot more than this forum. If you want change, get over there and do what you do here.

I started buying $TSLA this fall, my first ever stock. I don't have much compared to you all, but I'm slowly accumulating more shares whenever I can. If the shorts want to keep the SP depressed while I keep buying on the cheap, so be it. I'm not going to do anything to help them. Give them as much rope as they'll take. I don't think they'll have any influence when TE and Model 3 production take off.

JRP3 said:
Did you mean: Ray, deer?

• Funny
Reactions: dc_h
I am not whether the cameras used are sensitive to infrared, but I would not be surprised. I seem to recall the term 'extended range' ... can anyone clarify?
I'd bet money that the cameras are sensitive to IR, normal digital cameras have IR filters because the sensors are sensitive to IR by default. We already know that the sub-pixel layout of the AP2 cameras is grey grey grey red, it's easy to imagine how such a set up could be capturing and identifying IR luminance data.

From the Tesla website:
Twelve updated ultrasonic sensors complement this vision, allowing for detection of both hard and soft objects at nearly twice the distance of the prior system.

Does this mean that the ultrasonic sensors detect people and deer?

From the Tesla website:

Does this mean that the ultrasonic sensors detect people and deer?
They would, but the range is much lower for ultrasonic, 8m. Cameras have much higher range, 50m to 250m depending on where they are located. Autopilot

Lower range of ultrasonic sensors limits the ability of Autopilot to respond under low speeds only, likely under 20-25 mph.

Last edited:
Nah. If you were short you'd have a framed copy of Jonas' last analyst hanging on your office wall reminding you ever day that the value of TE is a big, fat ZERO!

Jonas may be doing double-agent work. By going super-bearish, he may be trying to create a bear-trap that can lead to a short squeeze. Unless you take his work as simply "face value" and that he believes everything he has written in the past 3 years as basic analysis. If you don't believe him now, what did it say about his February 2014 "disrupting trillion dollar industries" pumping articles which were just prior to MS underwriting 2.4 Billion in bonds for the GF1?

• Helpful
Reactions: drinkerofkoolaid
My parents asked about doing this to an inventory 75 and were told explicitly no down conversions. The rep at the store thought they could but he was wrong after verifying with whoever at corporate.

EDIT: This was mid-September. Perhaps rules have changed since then.

I have an email exchange saved with a Tesla rep who said they were going to do the "down conversion" but that HQ had a better idea and instead just overall did a "down-pricing" of the 75 and 75D inventory by $7500 instead of derating a 75 down to 60 for $8500 off. My emails were from a Sales Associate out of Fremont.

Reactions: mmd
You mad because it works?

Elon: We need lots and lots and lots of batteries, so we'll build our own Gigafactory.
Bonaire and his best fried Tftf: What!? Not possible. Where is the money coming from? Nope. Can't be done. Won't happen.

Still no cells produced at GF1 - but they will be soon. As for yield by month and all that, we will see the results soon enough.

However, Tesla doesn't sell on range alone. Acceleration and in-cabin tech is the prime mover. One guy who just bought a P100D said he would have gone with a 60 if the car had the same acceleration.

@bonaire I think he got his hands slapped, or at least lots of negative feedback for his previous analysis. He is much more circumspect this time. In fact, whatever happens he can point to his analysis and say "see I predicted that".
I guess we can call @bonaire our own TMC Nostradamus. His words will always come true no matter whatever the outcome.

Note: History channel (Or Nat Geo?) aired a program on Nostradamus' prediction on US Presidential election 2016, just two days before Election Day, and predicted Hilary's win. I hope they will air another one with an explanation :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Well..considering you followed me ^^ and your handle is easy enough to recognize.
It's just pathetic over there and hard to refute the garbage with so little text. I understand your cause but they're worse than children, they love spiegels presentation. Give them some facts to chew on and they just post the same negative garbage again. ( "Tesla only sold 2000 cars this month LOL")

I can't believe more than 10% of the people knowing about Tesla dislike the company. That negative group though....they're a vocal bunch. I doubt they've turned a lot of people against the company, but do suppose they could at least temporarily keep investors away.

Status
Not open for further replies.