Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all heard the Koch brothers are spending money to campaign against EVs. I don't think we know exactly where this money is spent but we can guess. We know there is plenty of negative press influencing the share price. David H. Koch is a board member of the Smithsonian and they recently featured 17 people "changing your universe." It is interesting that they chose Jeff Bezos over Elon Musk. I wonder if anyone on the board of the Smithsonian has an interest in not mentioning Elon Musk.

I guess any article about commercial space has to include Elon's name as not including it would be seem biased. Here is the quote that included him in the recent issue of the Smithsonian:
In the aerospace world, there is plenty of skepticism of Bezos and Blue Origin—and of fellow commercial spaceflight entrepreneurs like Elon Musk and his company SpaceX. Musk and Bezos have pushed their companies along different paths. Bezos is focused on reusability, but hasn’t yet put a rocket into orbit. Musk is focused on building an operational system—SpaceX rockets routinely service the International Space Station—but is still working toward reusability to reduce costs.

Read more: Is Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin the Future of Space Exploration? | Innovation | Smithsonian

Here is the original article about the Koch brothers spending on an anti-EV campaign:
The Kochs Are Plotting A Multimillion-Dollar Assault On Electric Vehicles | The Huffington Post

BMW expects years of difficulties for electric cars, should get better in ~7 years with doubling battery capacity

So legendary investors Mark Spiegel and Jim Chanos think there are a flood of EVs coming in the next few years, yet BMW doesn't think anyone except Tesla can make EV's profitably for another 7 years or so. Seems like a disagreement. I wonder who is right.

I'm most intrigued by the conflicting statements that come out of these companies. People say Tesla has a PR problem, I say Tesla has it right - nobody speaks for Tesla except Elon Musk (and JB Straubel on occasion), that way you don't have the heads of different departments saying different things about what the company is or is not doing down the road.

“We’ve learned that people aren’t prepared to pay a higher price for an electric vehicle. I don’t see some kind of disruptive element coming from electric cars that would prompt sales to go up quickly in the next five to six years.”

- Friedrich Eichiner, BMW’s Chief Financial Officer

US-Luxury-Car-Sales-Tesla.png

Nothing to see here :po_O:rolleyes:

I guess any article about commercial space has to include Elon's name as not including it would be seem biased. Here is the quote that included him in the recent issue of the Smithsonian:

Wait, what?! Bezos is focused on reusability, but Musk is focused on operational systems but is still working toward reusability to reduce costs?

Okay, stating the obvious here. SpaceX already has significant cost reductions - as in the least expensive in the industry by a mile - and was the first to show what could be done for a fraction of the money, AND was always firstly focused on reusability and is the farthest ahead on that front.

The day isn't over yet. I've heard this story before. I'll be delighted with a new ending, but not holding my breath just yet.
Hey. I did my bit to drive the price down. Bought 5 shares @ 185.2. My last available cash. In about 3 more weeks I'll have a little more cash to help it drop some more. After all, the standing rule is buy lo, drive it lower isn't it.:rolleyes:

“We’ve learned that people aren’t prepared to pay a higher price for an electric vehicle. I don’t see some kind of disruptive element coming from electric cars that would prompt sales to go up quickly in the next five to six years.”

- Friedrich Eichiner, BMW’s Chief Financial Officer

Nothing to see here :po_O:rolleyes:

Great post! Can you believe that with Tesla eating their lunch in luxury sedan sales and having 500,000 reservations for the Model 3, BMW can make this statement to the press. Unbelievable!

Tesla Motors: Easy Does It?

Recommend following www.teslanewsfeed.com - it seems to pick up most if not all tesla related.

What Chowdry says in that link jives perfectly with the pushback in delivery dates people have reported. Tesla may be experiencing a surge in already strong demand. No matter which Model S config you want, even when paying in full cash, the delivery date is pushed back to "March Delivery" now.

• Love
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
Tesla Motors: Easy Does It?

So Tesla told Trip Chowdhry that 60% of new model S's are being sold with full autonomy ($8,000), the other 40% are getting EA ($5,000), and that 90% are getting the new glass roof ($1,500)? That's a massive boost to gross margin.

Should we also assume that the glass roof is aiding in getting production speeds up? As I understood the design is supposed to allow a much quicker production speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.