Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea where physically the enormous data set servers for AP2 resides and what big-data analysis engine is being used to turn it into actionable driving instructions?

The data analysis engine is called Deep Neural Network. There is no need to analyse and turn them into actionable driving instructions. You feed all the inputs from the sensors and the output is simply the wheel truning and acceleration / deceleration variable, so practically 2 variable (direction angle and speed_change). This can be trained based on the human drivers' actions.

There is software that processes the data and formulates the neural model and its weighting functions. This is the omplemented on the cars. It equivalent to compiling/execution. I think the question was 'on what hardware and where is the first step done?' Tesla likely has a large server farm, but I think they purchased a specific system for the neural net development.

As for the Georgia prison labor posts....there is no relationship to TESLA, Short-term trading and great potential for an online shouting match. I know it is the weekend, but please stop.

*As someone who's wife was a Federal Prosecutor for Drug Crimes and who now writes and researches extensively on the train wreck that is our justice system, the collateral consequences of a conviction and the personal and fiscal ruin we are wrecking upon our population and our nation, some may want to undertake some basic research before parading their ignorance in repetitive posts...PM me, I can provide extensive reading lists.

Done now.

I don't think it is relevant to Tesla if it helps stop people from using superchargers as parking spots. The more the merrier. If needed Tesla can increase the fine. I think it's a great idea, more money for the supercharger expansion. If there are 6 cars parked at a supercharger Tesla will have extra funding to add 6 more superchargers. Heck the added 6 spots can even be labeled, "Long term parking" with lower fees listed than "charging only" spots Maybe even sign up with Park Mobile (parking App) for fee collection.

I believe Tesla will have to post fees and charges in most states at the parking spots. I am pretty sure at least my state requires it.

Tesla leases the spaces if I recall correctly. They probably have the rights to tow and charge fees. I would find it odd if they didn't. Think about it. If I lease a space for a coffee shop I have the right to refuse service and have people removed. With Tesla's I don't think you have to bother with towing. Stop paying and you loss your supercharger access.

How this works out in the public eye is the question. IMOP there are less bratty entitled people than not. We shall see.

At some point with the fee system Tesla can start paying more for the leased spaces and they will get more parking spots options.

Does anyone have any idea where physically the enormous data set servers for AP2 resides and what big-data analysis engine is being used to turn it into actionable driving instructions?

Tesla doesn't have to do anything but sign up and write an app for the car display.
Get the App Now! Parkmobile Is one example of services that are already setup to collect fees.

He's already talked about tunnels on Mars, presumably he wasn't planning on waiting to develop the technology there.
So in Mars, electricity by sun is about only source of energy, maybe boosted by geothermal heatpumps for heating purposes and enough reserve stored in batteries. Transport in airtight tubes or in tunnels between underground structures would simplify life. Manufacturing should be tightly packed and fully automated. AI control systems are needed for automation. Glass structures for natural light habitat areas. Also need some transportsysten between celestial bodies.
Ok, above-mentioned things are in development for local use perfection and then applied to support big picture. Sounds ok, fits nicely together.

As much as I think a Hyperlooped tunnel system would be a magnificent solution to many many problems, I fear a mere multibillionaire couldn't raise what it would take. There might be three or four countries in the world solvent enough to pull that off.

Isn't the primary cost just the expense of manning and running the drill. If Elon's problem solving skills can make drilling cheap maybe it wont be so bad.

As much as I think a Hyperlooped tunnel system would be a magnificent solution to many many problems, I fear a mere multibillionaire couldn't raise what it would take. There might be three or four countries in the world solvent enough to pull that off.

Sometimes it is interesting to contemplate the incompetence -- or maybe it's avarice or corruption -- of the current American infrastructure construction modus operandi. Contrast, for instance, Boston's Big Dig with the tunneling done for Madrid's Metro and underground highways.

Everybody should see this documentary. The tipping point for renewables has been reached, there is no going back, and Tesla is at the very centre of this vortex. All the deniers in the world, including those elected to power, cannot stop this momentum; it's much bigger than any single country, even one as powerful as the United States.

Hear that, Mr. Scott Pruitt? That is the sound of inevitability.
Thanks! If you factor in the huge financial subsidies that fossil fuels receive solar and wind have been less expensive for a while already. That is before even factoring in the unpriced external costs to society and the planet.

Edit Addition:
China will have a huge advantage of less expensive energy and a better grid if we don't get our heads out of our butts.

Also on batteries:
Battery Powered Homes
ABCTVCatalyst 167,307 views

I've been watching a National Geographic series, titled "Years of Living Dangerously". Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Thanks! If you factor in the huge financial subsidies that fossil fuels receive solar and wind have been less expensive for a while already. That is before even factoring in the unpriced external costs to society and the planet.

Also on batteries:
Battery Powered Homes
ABCTVCatalyst 167,307 views

I've been watching a National Geographic series, titled "Years of Living Dangerously". Highly recommended.
Unfortunately analysts rating large and small cap firms are required to pay for electricity at home. Just sayin'

• Funny
Reactions: MitchJi
As a person who lives in Georgia, this makes me sick. I would like to know where this information came from please.
Pretty sure this is fake news. Georgia state population of 10 million and 10% of that are prison laborers? Combine that with no news coverage. Google results did not come back with any legitimate news sources, by my reckoning anyhow.

Refer to Rob's post: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

Please use some reasoning before turning hyperbole into news. Enough BS out there already.

Last edited:
So in Mars, electricity by sun is about only source of energy, maybe boosted by geothermal heatpumps for heating purposes and enough reserve stored in batteries. Transport in airtight tubes or in tunnels between underground structures would simplify life. Manufacturing should be tightly packed and fully automated. AI control systems are needed for automation. Glass structures for natural light habitat areas. Also need some transportsysten between celestial bodies.
Ok, above-mentioned things are in development for local use perfection and then applied to support big picture. Sounds ok, fits nicely together.

I could be wrong, but as mars has no molten core I dont think geothermal would work there no? There would be no heat sounce inside he planet to justify the subsurface temperatures being warmer. Tunnels would still make great places to live.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Are We Entering the Photovoltaic Energy Era?

<Snip>
“The ultimate point of all of this is that PV is quickly positioning itself to be a really big player in the world,” predicts Gregory Wilson, co-director of DOE’s National Center for Photovoltaics. “For anyone who cares about climate change and carbon emissions, but who also cares about quality of life and not upending the economy, it [PV] is going to be a very desirable thing. Wind power right now has also been pretty amazing, but wind will top out. PV won’t.”

According to Wilson, the United States will have to set policies to push innovation to stay in the rough-and-tumble PV market.

“We argue so much about the silly politics of climate change and fail to recognize the gargantuan economic opportunity that this presents.
The energy system is going to get re-engineered, and someone is going to do it,” he said. “The Chinese seem to have recognized the significance of this opportunity.”

PVs, Wilson asserts, will usher in an era of cheaper, cleaner energy that will be used for powering and even heating our homes; powering electric cars; and splitting hydrogen out of water that serves as a feedstock for making synthetic fuels for cars, trucks and airplanes.

“We see a lot of opportunities in front of us, but we seem slow or even paralyzed when it comes to acting on them. We have not always been this way,” he said.

Pretty sure this is fake news. Georgia state population of 10 million and 10% of that are prison laborers? Combine that with no news coverage. Google results did not come back with any legitimate news sources, by my reckoning anyhow.

Largest prison in the US is 6300 inmates. It is a disgusting for profit labor camp though. Less than 10% of inmates EVER get paroled.

Louisiana State Penitentiary - Wikipedia

Stephen Fry got to visit it in his documentary on driving across America.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
I watched it. At 27:10 the German promoter said his $200 million fund returns 30% (but only 25% on the short side) Should I pull my capital from Stanphyl Capital?

Interesting guy, shorting fossil and investing in renewable. The video is actually linked on his company home page: Wermutham - Home Drives a Tesla by the way :). (Source)

Largest prison in the US is 6300 inmates. It is a disgusting for profit labor camp though. Less than 10% of inmates EVER get paroled.

Louisiana State Penitentiary - Wikipedia

Stephen Fry got to visit it in his documentary on driving across America.
I think a lot of us understand the terrible situation with our prison system and ridiculous number of non violent inmates. Lying to makes point does not help. There are not 1mm inmates in Georgia or 50 million in the US. Tesla doesn't get 4.9 billion in subsidies and facts still matter. This forum should not be a platform for fake news and this topic is offtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.