Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 208306
still hanging in there.
20 session uptrend is broken... bummer. was hoping for another bounce... wonder where it goes from here.
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 11.11.08 AM.png

I just checked the Marketwatch article and it looks like the wording is updated,

"The company’s fourth-quarter delivery number, expected around Jan. 3, might create short-term volatility, but the stock should move higher, said Kallo. The analyst is further expecting Tesla to do a deal some time in the first half that would remove an overhang on the stock."

This would be in line with what my shorter term concern is, that Kallo expects somewhat disappointing Q4 deliveries, which might create a buying opportunity.

I think that the deal that he expects to close some time in 1H 2017 must be a large TE purchase, which should be a very positive event indeed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SwTslaGrl
20 session uptrend is broken... bummer. was hoping for another bounce... wonder where it goes from here.View attachment 208314

Come on now - a virtually single line inclined up is not an uptrend.

The most likely reason for a dip is that stock is herded to a max. pain of $212.50 (it would be interesting if in spite of MM best efforts this push will be defied and stock closes higher)

Sorry for spamming, but the reason I keep asking was because I

But in that case she will say "I told you to buy an ICE car not a Tesla. Now we have to stay here for another 20 min. I will not have another trip with you."

I took a long road trip with my 8 year old daughter and I was really afraid she would hate the charging stops. I got one of those velcro ball/paddle toys and we tossed a ball around on the stops to get some exercise. She was SOOOO happy to stop and play ball with Daddy ;)

So just play catch with your wife on the stops!

Seriously folks. At what point will you stop looking 3 months into the future and realize it's the next 5-10 years that matter? The next 6-12 months will determine the next 5-10 years.

Note: Analysts are still using the 400,000 deposit figure for Model 3 deposits. This figure is out of date, likely a lot higher, and will certainly be a lot higher once the vehicle and specs are revealed.

Note: There is no scenario where SolarCity is worth $0. Analysts are currently assuming SolarCity is worth $0 to Tesla. This is impossible.

Note: Demand and Total Addressable market for TE is being severely underestimated.

I seriously doubt Elon won't provide an update on the status of the Model 3.

I always feel guilty when people speculate on the M3 reservation number. I made a reservation that I will almost certainly pull back at some point. I made the reservation to support TSLA and to get a reservation just in case. But I am more and more certain I will just get a refreshed Model S. I wonder how many of us "weak" reservation holders there are. 10%?

[QUOTE="austinEV, post: 1894057, member: 13816"
I always feel guilty when people speculate on the M3 reservation number. I made a reservation that I will almost certainly pull back at some point. I made the reservation to support TSLA and to get a reservation just in case. But I am more and more certain I will just get a refreshed Model S. I wonder how many of us "weak" reservation holders there are. 10%?[/QUOTE]

Deciding to buy a toy for rich instead? You - one percent of one percent...
:D

I always feel guilty when people speculate on the M3 reservation number. I made a reservation that I will almost certainly pull back at some point. I made the reservation to support TSLA and to get a reservation just in case. But I am more and more certain I will just get a refreshed Model S. I wonder how many of us "weak" reservation holders there are. 10%?
Why "weak"? I'd rather say you are a strong reservation holder. You intend to buy at least a Model 3; if you buy a Model S instead, that's extra gravy for Tesla.

A weak reservation holder would reserve a Model 3 and then go out and buy a Bolt, or worse.

Same here, one of my m3 reservations is going to become a X if TSLA makes new ATH in 2017. A bit more and my other m3 will become an S and I'd still be super long TSLA.

Reactions: Intl Professor
Why "weak"? I'd rather say you are a strong reservation holder. You intend to buy at least a Model 3; if you buy a Model S instead, that's extra gravy for Tesla.

A weak reservation holder would reserve a Model 3 and then go out and buy a Bolt, or worse.

Yes of course Tesla is better off with me pulling the reservation and getting a model S. But if you were scrutinizing M3 reservation numbers, maybe they have bled off to sales of CPO model S or new model S. Out of context you might bearishly conclude that the M3 interest was waining. Further, if they announced that you had to finalize your options and convert the reservation to a sales at some point, all of us weak reservation holders would flee. I have no doubt whatsoever that TM will sell every M3 they make and more reservations will show up once the wait time is lower, but as a tradeable metric the reservation total may take a beating in 1H. I am glad it isn't public, since I think it will (meaninglessly) drop before it goes back up and Bear's would make MUCH hay from it.

Come on now - a virtually single line inclined up is not an uptrend.

The most likely reason for a dip is that stock is herded to a max. pain of $212.50 (it would be interesting if in spite of MM best efforts this push will be defied and stock closes higher)
call it whatever you like... the thing that was supporting this all the way from $180 has left the building... at least for today.

call it whatever you like... the thing that was supporting this all the way from $180 has left the building... at least for today.

The point is that there is no indication, whatsoever, that uptrend is reversed or broken. The uptrend is just likely wider (may be 15-20 points wide) than the line you showed on your chart to indicate that uptrend is broken.

• Informative
Reactions: drinkerofkoolaid
Call of the Day: Tesla

Call of the Day: Tesla
1 Hour Ago
The FMHR traders take a look at Tesla, which is down double digits this year, and on pace for its first negative year since its IPO.

Balanced discussion. They talked about Kalllo's $338 price target, it's ambitious but don't bet against Tesla.

They said that the bear case is that they hope TSLA sells a bunch of M3's, because they'll be selling them at a loss. "It will wreck the company!"

At least we agree on the first part of that statement :).

Last edited:
It's years end, 3-day weekend, production numbers coming out this weekend, Friday option closing, etc.

Give her some room to breathe! We've been spoiled last few weeks with lower than average TSLA volatility, I'm thinking this is normal.....

It's years end, 3-day weekend, production numbers coming out this weekend, Friday option closing, etc.

Give her some room to breathe! We've been spoiled last few weeks with lower than average TSLA volatility, I'm thinking this is normal.....

Agree...if it doesn't reverse, a test of the rising 10 day SMA (which was successfully defended on multiple occasions during the run-up in feb-mar) is next...but the technicals are about to take a backseat to new info being released next week...

Time to make a phone call to PE-OTUS Trump. He said on the meeting that if any of them run into problems selling their products, they should call and they will get support. I know he meant it mainly for other countries (Gina, Mexico etc.), but it should apply even more to the US, methink...

Status
Not open for further replies.