Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy Tire Insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told $7000 in 4 years....The local service center in NY told me he had multiple owners already crack and bend 21's on pot holes. The rims being over $900 each made me get the insurance. If I get one rim replaced and tire with the Michelins would be worth the $900 I paid for the plan. 2 years ago on my Mercedes I hit a pot hole that destroyed both right side rims and one tire....wasnt happy. The guy also told me if you have a blowout on your tire and the old rim cant hold air they replace the rim. NY roads are horrible!

Well, the pictured event will not convince me to buy the insurance, but it might be an omen to buy a LOTTO ticket.:eek:

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 333
Well the program for rims/tires is now gone! Tesla said they didn't like the way the 3rd party was handling things. I was going to cancel and see what happens but I just hit my rim BAD and part of my tire is chopped off! I will report back when I go to Tesla Service and see what they do?!?