Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I keep my 2013 P85 CPO Deposit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree with @Beryl

You need an extended loaner to see if AP works for you. I even use auto steer in town, especially at stop lights (when behind another car so I can check my phone/relax) and definitely in bumper to bumper traffic. At the very least TACC will be immensely useful to you.

I'd go new 60 for AP and the ability to software OTA upgrade to 75 kWh later if you find out you need the extra range. I really think new stripped down S70/S60 with AP beats any CPO without AP regardless of any other options it has.

Good luck!!!
Yup. I'm happy with my CPO 85 (12,000 mikes in 7 months), but if I had today's option, I'd get a stripped 60 with auto pilot. 90% on a new 60 battery would cover my daily needs 98% of the year.

Just test drove a friend's S w/ auto pilot for a couple hours. Ran a few errands, using it on local and highway. Although it's pretty neat, it didn't seem that useful to me. I can totally see it being very useful on long road trips and freeway based commutes but I don't do either very often. Practically I should probably stick with the P85 not gonna lie... there is a part of me that just wants to suck up the $40K diff, switch to a 90D, and not look back!

Hello, new here. Today I put a deposit down on a 13 CPO P85...

MC Red, Pano, Tan Performance seats, Tan Alcantara headliner, Dual Charger, HiFi, Air Suspension, 19 in wheels. 47K miles for $55K. It was a sold-then-unsold, not yet listed for sale find...expecting to have it mid week. Excited.

Cheers

I am in the market for a CPO Model S. Can you tell me who you worked with to find one?

Thanks

This is great feedback guys!

I love the look of the 21" Grey Turbines but it reduces range and does raise my on-going cost. Maybe it might behoove me to check out TST 19"s or something else. I was avoiding the pano since I live in AZ. I never use the sunroof, and I have a convertible when I do want open air. Also, I swear it lets in heat in my friend's S even though a lot of people claim it doesn't.

This is the one aspect I can't figure out and probably the most important. If the P85 has degraded down to a ~250mi range and the new one is expected to be around 210mi, we're only really talking ~40 miles. And of course if I chose to later, I can unlock the 75kwh capability. Right now almost 95% of our driving is in town < 50 miles, but occasionally would like to be able to road trip from PHX to LA, San Diego, or Las Vegas. Regardless of battery size I think I would have to stop 1 or 2 times to each destination. Is it going to make a difference if I have a 60 or 85?

This is the mindset I have in regards to resale/TCO value. The CPO I'm getting has already lost a bulk of its value and should diminish slower now. Also the 60s don't seem to hold resale as well in general.

Decisions, decisions!

#firstworldproblems

We have had our 2013 S85 for a year now. I am the primary driver. I have put on 24,000+ miles. It has not had any problems. But we plan on looking for a 2015 next year, because it does not have adaptive cruise, auto braking and blind spot awareness. There should be more 2015s on the marlet at that time. I am a country boy that once or twice a year needs to do to Seattle and who hates driving in Seattle traffic - at anytime of the day. I will take any driving assistance I can get.