Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I lower it or leave it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want a different suspension that’s one thing. But you just going to bottom it out all the time if you go lower it.

Don’t be one of those guys that lowers it and has to drop down to 5 for every dip, bump, driveway and pothole - all while also having to take approaches at an angle.

There are tons of potholes now too after all the rain including tonight.

I also have a stealth and was on MPP sport coilovers prior to getting bags. Right quality was noticeable better over stock on the coilovers. I would highly recommend. Also good for height adjustability for your Tahoe trips. I still have them collecting dust in my garage if you're interested. I'm local in San Jose.

If you like the stock ride quality, I would leave it alone. I've been through multiple suspension changes and although I never liked the stock suspension personally, everything has some compromise (either practicality, cost, ride quality). May be better in some respects, worse in others. I had my MPP coilovers set to their highest recommended setting and noticed I started hitting parking dividers and speedbumps a lot more, for instance.

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
we use the model 3 for ski trips to tahoe
Put a lift kit on it!

Screenshot 2023-04-14 123606.png

Reactions: DocHolliday
Honestly, i would lower it a little bit with the Tein‘s as they actually improved the comfort of daily driving and would look good with your wheel/tire setup on your white M3.

They’re affordable, provide more comfort that stock, and you have not only height adjustability but damper adjustability too. For less than $1,300 for a full setup it’s hard to beat.

Decided to go with Tein Flex Z, along with mpp rear camber arms, mpp front lower control arm bearings, whiteline compliance arm bushings, and mpp brake master cylinder brace. The ride quality is now super amazing and I can't believe how comfortable it is even now being lowered. Ride height is exactly what I was hoping for as I only wanted a slight drop and it came out perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_8246 (1).jpg
    IMG_8246 (1).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8252.jpg
    IMG_8252.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: canasion35
Decided to go with Tein Flex Z, along with mpp rear camber arms, mpp front lower control arm bearings, whiteline compliance arm bushings, and mpp brake master cylinder brace. The ride quality is now super amazing and I can't believe how comfortable it is even now being lowered. Ride height is exactly what I was hoping for as I only wanted a slight drop and it came out perfect.

Thanks for the share.

What was the breakdown of pricing?

Looks good. Did you have your door handles wrapped?

Car looks great, how far down did you go? IIRC the minimum rear drop was about 1" (AWD version) which was why I went with the MPP comforts but I seriously considered the TEINS... the price was great and they gave you the top hats.

Thanks for the share.

What was the breakdown of pricing?
All the parts thru zevcentric and installation. Here's the website you can see the pricing easier: Model 3
Looks good. Did you have your door handles wrapped?
Yes, decided to match the body color for the handles instead of black as how the new cars have them. I think it looks cleaner with it being white. I am also thinking about removing the chrome delete and leave it back to chrome.
Car looks great, how far down did you go? IIRC the minimum rear drop was about 1" (AWD version) which was why I went with the MPP comforts but I seriously considered the TEINS... the price was great and they gave you the top hats.
According to zevcentric, its 355 mm from hub to fender now. I dont know the exact drop but before it was about 3 finger gap. Now Its about 2 finger or just slightly under 2 gap. I think it looks great as well but it is pretty dang low. They set the front to 10 and rear is 12 for the dampening. Right now its a bit too soft and floaty, so I'm hoping to get it adjusted next week. I heard that the Teins have a minimum drop for it to work well and be comfortable.

Can the MPP comforts be dropped less than 1"?

According to zevcentric, its 355 mm from hub to fender now. I dont know the exact drop but before it was about 3 finger gap. Now Its about 2 finger or just slightly under 2 gap. I think it looks great as well but it is pretty dang low. They set the front to 10 and rear is 12 for the dampening. Right now its a bit too soft and floaty, so I'm hoping to get it adjusted next week. I heard that the Teins have a minimum drop for it to work well and be comfortable.

Can the MPP comforts be dropped less than 1"?
Yes the MPP can go from stock height down to 50mm drop according to the specs. I think 30-35mm drop is about the sweet spot for the comforts they just aren’t stiff enough to go lower on the street IMO. I’m at 360mm all around and I love the look/feel but if I was going any lower I would have gotten MPP performance or the TEINs

Yes the MPP can go from stock height down to 50mm drop according to the specs. I think 30-35mm drop is about the sweet spot for the comforts they just aren’t stiff enough to go lower on the street IMO. I’m at 360mm all around and I love the look/feel but if I was going any lower I would have gotten MPP performance or the TEINs
That’s right - the Tein’s are good for low, low, looks and comfort. The MPP’s/KW’s are good for subtle drops with good comfort still.

Decided to go with Tein Flex Z, along with mpp rear camber arms, mpp front lower control arm bearings, whiteline compliance arm bushings, and mpp brake master cylinder brace. The ride quality is now super amazing and I can't believe how comfortable it is even now being lowered. Ride height is exactly what I was hoping for as I only wanted a slight drop and it came out perfec
That’s right - the Tein’s are good for low, low, looks and comfort. The MPP’s/KW’s are good for subtle drops with good comfort still

I didn't know this about the MPP's, as I was hoping for subtle drop. Maybe I should've gotten the MPP non adjustables which were on sale recently. Teins were more affordable and they are actually pretty comfortable on the regular street and freeway so far. I think if it was 1/2" higher or so, it would be perfect maybe.