Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I pull the trigger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I'm not mistaken, the coil suspension is equivalent to the "high" setting with the air suspension. So if this is correct, you should be okay sans air.

Regarding AP, I suspect you will like/appreciate it more than you think, especially if you roadtrip to Dallas or Houston. Even if you don't take any road trips, AP is so useful on the highway and in bumper to bumper traffic and even at stop lights when you are behind someone so you don't have to constantly pay attention to start moving. You mentioned not encountering much traffic on a day to day basis, but I still think you can't fully appreciate how useful AP is on a 24-48 hour overnight test drive. I believe AP has literally added years to my life with regards to the reduced stress. You will use it much more than you think and will probably drive more than you ever have in the past. I am constantly finding reasons to drive my car, run errands for my wife, etc.

You really can't go wrong. The sooner you get into a Tesla, the sooner you can be driving the future, good luck!

Alright, I'm gonna add it then :)

On the coil suspension, the default height is equivalent to the 'standard' on the SAS. Now I haven't tried the coil one on my driveway. Maybe I should ask the OA to swing by sometime.:)

Reactions: javawolfpack
Alright, I'm gonna add it then :)

On the coil suspension, the default height is equivalent to the 'standard' on the SAS. Now I haven't tried the coil one on my driveway. Maybe I should ask the OA to swing by sometime.:)
Unless they changed it the coil is equivalent to "high" and the air goes up to "very high". I have a very steep driveway and the OA drove a car over to my house to test the driveway (he's the one who confirmed the coils are equivalent to "high" on the air). I'm fine with wth coils on my steep driveway (as confirmed by testing an air suspension set to "high")

If you plan to keep your car for 10+ years l'd lean toward the coils and a soild roof. Unless you plan to routinely drive around people over 6' in the back the standard roof is fine and will never leak. Plus the solid roof weighs less. I'm very happy with my choices of coils and standard roof. I plan to keep this car for the long haul (last car I kept for 15 years).

Also don't forget to order by the 15th and apply a referal for your $1000 discount. As a fellow Texan (born and raised) I'd be honored if you'd use my referal link Referral | Tesla Motors thanks and congratulations!

@Austin Powers

I scanned thru the posts, so my apologies if you have already been asked/answered this...but, why don't you buy a CPO Model S? I got 99% of everything I wanted when I bought my CPO, and managed to save $50K+. Granted there are things that I will just never have with my CPO as I would with a shiny, new Model S (the new smell, the OCD-type care from day one, anxiety over when the first rock chip will happen, etc) - BUT...I also won't take the hit for the initial depreciation that comes with a new car.

As for the buyers remorse - none once I picked it up. From the time I put down the deposit until the day I walked into the show room I had some small doubts that lingered. But once I took that little sexy key fob and plopped my butt in the driver seat.... the only regret I had was not planning on sleeping in it.

This car is the best car I have ever owned, hands down. You won't be disappointed whichever way you go (new, used, options, etc).

Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures.

Great points! After I ran the numbers, the difference between 'dream car' and a CPO is about $15k. I plan to keep this sucker for the next 10 years so 15k spread over doesn't sound that bad. Also, the barrier to entry is the first 50k. Lol. I'm in love with the new front fascia.

@Austin Powers

I scanned thru the posts, so my apologies if you have already been asked/answered this...but, why don't you buy a CPO Model S? I got 99% of everything I wanted when I bought my CPO, and managed to save $50K+. Granted there are things that I will just never have with my CPO as I would with a shiny, new Model S (the new smell, the OCD-type care from day one, anxiety over when the first rock chip will happen, etc) - BUT...I also won't take the hit for the initial depreciation that comes with a new car.

As for the buyers remorse - none once I picked it up. From the time I put down the deposit until the day I walked into the show room I had some small doubts that lingered. But once I took that little sexy key fob and plopped my butt in the driver seat.... the only regret I had was not planning on sleeping in it.

This car is the best car I have ever owned, hands down. You won't be disappointed whichever way you go (new, used, options, etc).

Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures.

Great points! After I ran the numbers, the difference between 'dream car' and a CPO is about $15k. I plan to keep this sucker for the next 10 years so 15k spread over doesn't sound that bad. Also, the barrier to entry is the first 50k. Lol. I'm in love with the new front fascia.

Sounds like legit "man logic" to get the car :) Good luck on your decision!

SO i saw in another thread you cancelled your order due to confusion with AP 2.0.
So is the order going through or cancelled ? Just wondering where you stand right now ?