Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I still consider Model S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even when Tesla has announced that this model will be discontinued. Or wait for possible incentives?

It’s always difficult to make a decision on such an expensive item when there are changes. However, the history of Tesla’s range has been one of constant change. The slimming down to ‘just’ the 75 models, 100D, and P100D created similar concerns among some. And yet the cars that were removed from the custom order range then only really differed in terms of battery capacity (putting the P models to one side for now. They’re different).

The Model S RWD is a great car now. It’ll continue to be a great car.

Maybe your uncertainty about buying today or tomorrow is because you anticipate that the Model S 75D might drop in price? Maybe. Maybe it’ll get some improved specification to keep its current starting price. Or maybe as some expect it’ll just stay the same and start the Model S range at a higher price than today. Who knows?

Is the Model S 75 RWD the right car for you at a price that you are comfortable with? If it is then go for it today. It’s great. If not, think about how you’ll feel if you hang on a couple of days and see what happens. Feel OK with the various outcomes? Then wait.

I think a couple of folks have mentioned the finance. Unsure what that’s like in Taiwan. Here in the U.K. the local Tesla shop people tell me our 1.5%APR rate will end at the end of this month to be replaced by a higher rate. That’s a real help for decison making: do you want to pay more for finance with no additional value returned?

Yes. I have it. It's amazing. People who love raw performance will want the RWD and with them gone soon (and the $7500 federal incentive gone soon as well, not to mention possible loss of free supercharging and 0.99% interest rates), it's a good time to buy before the $5000 rise in lowest price point.

Happy to help with purchase and options decisions. Send me a private message on here. If you need a $1000 off plus free supercharging referral, you can use ellen6634 or go to My Tesla Referral Code

Good luck!!
There have been several reports in Europe of costumers that are waiting on there Model S 75D that have seen a price reduction on there orders so I would be really surprise if the price of 75D don’t go down. Then Tesla was going to take away the 60 version many talked about how the lowest price point would go up a lot but Tesla lower the price on 75 and 75D at the same time.

Reactions: PrGrPa
I would wait because once you can't custom order them anymore, I'm sure in a week or two there will be more added discounts to New Inventory 75's.

Also you won't lose the ability to get free supercharging. All you have to do is use a referral code through December. And honestly the .99 won't save you much compared to the savings you can get knocked off the cash price of a new inventory 75. So no need to worry or rush.

I would wait because once you can't custom order them anymore, I'm sure in a week or two there will be more added discounts to New Inventory 75's.

Also you won't lose the ability to get free supercharging. All you have to do is use a referral code through December. And honestly the .99 won't save you much compared to the savings you can get knocked off the cash price of a new inventory 75. So no need to worry or rush.
And if you do order and there's a price reduction, they sometimes give discounts after you order and before you pay. Not sure whether that holds for discontinued cars?