Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Tesla offer an Elite $ervice Center experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have been lucky enough to be with TSLA since purchasing 2 MS in 2013. We have seen the service and delivery experience grow from start up to mass market. As awesome as it is to see mass adoption, I and many others (whom I’ve helped convince to convert) would be happy to pay a premium to just be able to pick up a phone and talk to someone in service. I can’t help but think this would be profitable to the company. From my experience, it would increase demand and satisfaction among those that would see value in this service.

I‘d love to hear the positive or negative comments about if Tesla were to offer an “Elite” customer service experience.

Personally, I would be happy with basic customer service. A simple client-facing phone number (until they perfect this message/app solution) answered by a staff armed with not only the knowledge but also the ability to make things better. That should be an expectation of business models in the year 2021.

Not for Tesla.

This continued idea that people are unhappy because they expect white glove service because of the price tag on the car is entirely missing the point. People are unhappy because (at a basic level) their transportation doesn't work and they have no way to get resolution and no way to hold someone accountable or escalate the situation to someone who is. Just nameless/faceless entities who send a basic text message whenever is convenient for them with no care of if you even received it let alone if your issue is remedied.

Let's start with walking before we ask if Tesla can win an Olympic gold in the 100m sprint consistently.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Personally, I would be happy with basic customer service. A simple client-facing phone number (until they perfect this message/app solution) answered by a staff armed with not only the knowledge but also the ability to make things better. That should be an expectation of business models in the year 2021.

Not for Tesla.

This continued idea that people are unhappy because they expect white glove service because of the price tag on the car is entirely missing the point. People are unhappy because (at a basic level) their transportation doesn't work and they have no way to get resolution and no way to hold someone accountable or escalate the situation to someone who is. Just nameless/faceless entities who send a basic text message whenever is convenient for them with no care of if you even received it let alone if your issue is remedied.

Let's start with walking before we ask if Tesla can win an Olympic gold in the 100m sprint consistently.
I do agree and I understand that company growth may be more important as service is a lower priority. My question is honestly just that an elite service model accomplishes both and may allow a faster implementation of the services you mention.

I do agree and I understand that company growth may be more important as service is a lower priority. My question is honestly just that an elite service model accomplishes both and may allow a faster implementation of the services you mention.
You have to understand that the there is a cost associated with the difference between basic and elite when it comes to customer support. This is why Tesla did away with trying to offer elite customer service and magically posted a profit the very next quarter. Like I said, I would settle for basic customer support consistently across all locations in all regions before we start trying to set the gold standard for the industry. As of now, Tesla is author of all of the worst customer service experience I've ever had across ANY segment. That's saying something because I've been a Comcast customer for a couple of decades now. Turns out, theirs is "Elite" compared to Tesla. They should be ashamed but really don't seem to give a ish going all the way back to the earnings call years ago where he admitted they knew it was b0rk and would fix it. Lip service at it's finest by Tesla's fearless leader. Good thing they were able to post a profit ahead of schedule though despite what that meant to their infrastructure support. /sarcasm

I am pretty happy with it as is. I don't really need to talk to someone. I seldom talk to people when I order take out or request a carpet cleaning. I think it is better to have everything written down on a form so there is no misinterpretation.

And the most important thing for me about Tesla service is the availability of Mobile Service. Nothing is more premium than having someone come to your house and work on your car in your garage. Just remember to tip well. ;)

I’ve often thought that if Tesla wants to continue selling their high priced highly profitable S and X models in significant numbers, they should offer perks such as premium service or free supercharging to those customers. Not necessary or practical or profitable to do that for everyone.

I don't know. I think, that after 9, maybe 10 years, I could warm up to this guy giving service.
seinfeld-soup-nazi.jpg

I am pretty happy with it as is. I don't really need to talk to someone. I seldom talk to people when I order take out or request a carpet cleaning. I think it is better to have everything written down on a form so there is no misinterpretation.

And the most important thing for me about Tesla service is the availability of Mobile Service. Nothing is more premium than having someone come to your house and work on your car in your garage. Just remember to tip well. ;)

Lol I think Tesla should focus on offering service first, then elite service later when they can actually get base service working.

For me, it's now a 3 week minimum wait to even get a mobile service tech to come out. And when they send someone out (like in my case today)... the guy didn't have the right parts so he just packed up his kit an left. Told me to re-schedule (another 3+ week wait).

In-location service is a 6 week wait.