TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should tint be inside or outside the vehicle?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by superh0, Jul 7, 2018.

1. superh0

superh0 Member

I’ve always had my tint inside my vehicle but have noticed lately of people are having tint done outside their front and back windshield. I’m assuming it’s easier to tint outside but is it better overall?

2. JohnC

JohnC Member

I’ve only known tints done inside and never heard of tint being applied on the outside. I would definitely stick with what’s normal and tint inside to protect the film.

3. scrapps

scrapps Member

I believe some people get a protective film for their windshield which goes on the outside.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Correct there is new type of glass film similar to PPF that u can apply to outside windshield ..if ur tint installer is recommending to tint from outside I recommend finding new tint shop :(

• Like x 1
  5. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

Where have you noticed this? If you are talking about pics and videos of tiny being done, they put it on the outside to shape it and cut it for the inside. Then it goes on the inside.

6. Joshker

Joshker Member

I agree with the above post, they do not tint the outsides of windows especially on forward facing for obvious reasons.

7. outdoors

outdoors Supporting Member

ExoShield | Alchemy

Still gives you 90%VLT. Find out the wait for the glass, and you might consider it. Month 2 on my Model 3. Not really for heat rejection.

Some might say overkill. To each his/her own. Exterior film does exist.

8. gambit48

gambit48 Member

It does exist. My tint installer was telling me how he works with a company that makes one, but it's not that popular, so they created a liquid version that still claims to reduce cracks by 80% (I think the film protected much better) that is more popular. People just don't want a film on the outside.