Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should tint be inside or outside the vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always had my tint inside my vehicle but have noticed lately of people are having tint done outside their front and back windshield. I’m assuming it’s easier to tint outside but is it better overall?

Where have you noticed this? If you are talking about pics and videos of tiny being done, they put it on the outside to shape it and cut it for the inside. Then it goes on the inside.

I agree with the above post, they do not tint the outsides of windows especially on forward facing for obvious reasons.

ExoShield | Alchemy

Still gives you 90%VLT. Find out the wait for the glass, and you might consider it. Month 2 on my Model 3. Not really for heat rejection.

Some might say overkill. To each his/her own. Exterior film does exist.

It does exist. My tint installer was telling me how he works with a company that makes one, but it's not that popular, so they created a liquid version that still claims to reduce cracks by 80% (I think the film protected much better) that is more popular. People just don't want a film on the outside.