Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Titan 7 T-S5 for Model X​

IMG_0385.jpg

Titan 7 is doing a limited run of their T-S5 wheel for the Model X.
22", fully forged and direct plug and play.

We are an official Titan 7 stockist.
Please message for pricing and availability!

Danny

Reactions: jnericks

Yeah, that's who I was going to use. They seem to be pretty reasonable and have their own Haas mill, which is a plus. Need to do a little more research, but I think I'm going have have 35mm and 45mm adapters made. The wheels I have are 20x8.5 ET56 and if my math is right the adapters would effectively be the same offset as the OEM 20x9 and 20x9.5 ET35 with 7.6mm and 11.3mm spacers.

download.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.31.50 PM.png
001.png

Yeah, that's who I was going to use. They seem to be pretty reasonable and have their own Haas mill, which is a plus. Need to do a little more research, but I think I'm going have have 35mm and 45mm adapters made. The wheels I have are 20x8.5 ET56 and if my math is right the adapters would effectively be the same offset as the OEM 20x9 and 20x9.5 ET35 with 7.6mm and 11.3mm spacers.

View attachment 660554
View attachment 660555View attachment 660556

I've personally used Adaptec Speedware adapters before. They're solid.
I don't know about 35/45mm though... I think the general upper limit for these things are in the 25/30mm range.
I would also be concerned with the load rating considering how heavy the X is. But I could be wrong though.

With that high of offset, these sounds like Porsche spec...
I would personally try this set and spec a new set for the X.

Either way, I'll follow this journey haha

Danny

I've personally used Adaptec Speedware adapters before. They're solid.
I don't know about 35/45mm though... I think the general upper limit for these things are in the 25/30mm range.
I would also be concerned with the load rating considering how heavy the X is. But I could be wrong though.

With that high of offset, these sounds like Porsche spec...
I would personally try this set and spec a new set for the X.

Either way, I'll follow this journey haha

Danny

Thanks for the recommendation. I should have been clear, the 35mm/45mm are the overall adapter thicker. Since I am changing bolt pattern I'll be bolting on to the existing hub.

Yeah, they're Porsche fronts. I'll check the load rating when I get home. I'm not too concerned.

Reactions: MODEL+
@MODEL+ do you know much about wheel load? the wheels are tested, but I don't understand what these markings mean:

View attachment 661744

View attachment 661745

View attachment 661746

and my uber precision fitup, for your efforts:

View attachment 661747
Generally speaking you want to find wheels that are load rated between 1800-2000lbs (800-900kg) for a Model X.
I suspect you could get away with this if you' don't have any intentions to tow anything or get your car airborne... haha
Use that information your own discretion though...

Danny

Generally speaking you want to find wheels that are load rated between 1800-2000lbs (800-900kg) for a Model X.
I suspect you could get away with this if you' don't have any intentions to tow anything or get your car airborne... haha
Use that information your own discretion though...

Danny
Thanks, I'm gonna do some more research. Will also get the car on the scales so I know what I'm working with. I'm digging the reverse lip though. These have been sitting in storage for no joke, 10+ years!

I'm getting excited. They look better than my photoshops lol.

Some additional info. Based off this thread:

No issues running the OEM Arachnid wheels which are rated for 650kg/750kg. Should be fine with 4x735kg. Usually only have two pax with a bike rack and 1-2 MTBs. I'm not too concerned.

Coincidentally, there's a post with an X with 21" BBS CHs (at least that's what they look like to me)
20200814_130641.jpg

Need to figure out the final adapter dimensions. Maybe got with an effective 5mm/10mm "spacer". What size/offsets are you running that don't rub on the X?

Yeah probably 255/50-19's - I mean, the OE 19" snow option was square anyway

I'm actually sorta curious if the car would behave differently with 19" selected on the screen yet still on the stock staggered 20's.

This is all fantasy of course, and I am never going to do it, because STL isn't exactly chock full of Model S owners putting aftermarket rims on their cars. Maybe the refresh cars' wheels will be even more interesting.

I'm just as likely to use my set of 19" BMW wheels for this experiment. I just like the idea of if I'm going to do something (in this case, a range-optimized wheel/tire setup) doing it to the max, and the tempest wheels have aerocovers. 235/55-19 is also an option in a 105W load rating which is sortof skating close to too low, so I think the 255/50-19 XL tires are probably the best load/wear/range compromise - and the Conti LX Sport comes in that size for some additional peace of mind on rolling resistance

Anyway, this isn't the "range-optimized wheel/tire package for nerds to talk about and never buy" thread, sorry. Will post photos whenever I get around to test fitting my 220M's on the Model X heh

The OEM Tempest Wheels from S look like a possibly pretty solid choice - aerocovers, 19x8.5" ET35

I'm gonna buy a set and try it out if I can find them local

Yeah probably 255/50-19's - I mean, the OE 19" snow option was square anyway

I'm actually sorta curious if the car would behave differently with 19" selected on the screen yet still on the stock staggered 20's.

This is all fantasy of course, and I am never going to do it, because STL isn't exactly chock full of Model S owners putting aftermarket rims on their cars. Maybe the refresh cars' wheels will be even more interesting.

I'm just as likely to use my set of 19" BMW wheels for this experiment. I just like the idea of if I'm going to do something (in this case, a range-optimized wheel/tire setup) doing it to the max, and the tempest wheels have aerocovers. 235/55-19 is also an option in a 105W load rating which is sortof skating close to too low, so I think the 255/50-19 XL tires are probably the best load/wear/range compromise - and the Conti LX Sport comes in that size for some additional peace of mind on rolling resistance

Anyway, this isn't the "range-optimized wheel/tire package for nerds to talk about and never buy" thread, sorry. Will post photos whenever I get around to test fitting my 220M's on the Model X heh

There was a set for sale in the FS section, not sure if you saw it (may have been a local sale anyways). If anything comes up in Northern CA, I am happy to pick up and ship to you.

Check this out, I've been using it a ton to figure out offsets.

From what I have read, people were seeing noticeable increases in efficiency from the 265/275 to 265 square size. Obviously, lots of other factors come into play here. I'm curious what I see going to 265 square. At the end of the day, all of this is pretty small potatoes. If you want to tack on a ton of range, drive 55mph lol, until then, I'll just recharge.

• Funny
Reactions: Harvey Danger