Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they have a meaningful impact on your range? My S I would run arachnids in the summer, and 19’s with snow tires in the winter. The arachnids were light weight and I never noticed a meaningful impact on range. On the X, I went with the default 20’s and figure when it’s time for tires I’ll put snow tires on these and buy something similar to what you did. I am really enjoying the massive range of this vehicle though, and so I’m curious how that’s been impacted with these forged wheels in particular.
From my initial observations, looks like the range did take a good amount of hit (~15%). I will have to go and check again. My wheels are about 32 lbs (F & R), which is about the same weight as the factory 20s; according to Tsportline, the factory 22s are 36 and 41 lbs I believe. But, the flush fitment, wider tires (315 width in the rear), and the open wheel face design are probably contributing factors to the additional hit compared to the factory 22 (which seem to have a 6-7% impact on range).

2023 Model X Plaid
Xpel Stealth
TSV 22x90 22x10 in Satin Black
xpel-stealth-satin-black-model-x-22-inch-aftermarket-wheels-tsv-satin-black-01.jpg

xpel-stealth-satin-black-model-x-22-inch-aftermarket-wheels-tsv-satin-black-02.jpg

xpel-stealth-satin-black-model-x-22-inch-aftermarket-wheels-tsv-satin-black-03.jpg

A little extra touch.
Gun Grip Steering Wheel Yoke Replacement
tsportline-tesla-model-x-360-round-steering-wheel-leather-02.jpg

I used stock sizes 265 and 285. Not much space in the front, you will be rubbing on lower suspension settings with wider tires I think
Hey,
How do you like those FR4? Have you had any paint chipping issues? I heard the lips on these wheels are aluminium painted black and they chip within a few months even without any curb rash.

I am in the market for a new set of 22s for my X and was debating between Ferrada FR4 and Rohana RFC10 in matte black with 22x9 and 22x10.5. What I don't like about this design is how the face looks so much smaller than the diameter of the lip. It makes the wheels look like they are 20". But I love the concavity. I am also not sure what offset to go with to have flushed (borderline aggressive) look.

I aslo like a bit of straighter wall on the tires. What tires would you recommend to have the max height and width without rubbing issue. I live in MN and I am going with all season (don't have the time or patience to swap between summer and winter....have another car to deal that pain and that's enough :) ); so need the grip. Thanks in advance for chimming in.

Hey,
How do you like those FR4? Have you had any paint chipping issues? I heard the lips on these wheels are aluminium painted black and they chip within a few months even without any curb rash.

I am in the market for a new set of 22s for my X and was debating between Ferrada FR4 and Rohana RFC10 in matte black with 22x9 and 22x10.5. What I don't like about this design is how the face looks so much smaller than the diameter of the lip. It makes the wheels look like they are 20". But I love the concavity. I am also not sure what offset to go with to have flushed (borderline aggressive) look.

I aslo like a bit of straighter wall on the tires. What tires would you recommend to have the max height and width without rubbing issue. I live in MN and I am going with all season (don't have the time or patience to swap between summer and winter....have another car to deal that pain and that's enough :) ); so need the grip. Thanks in advance for chimming in.
For the price, the wheels are pretty nice! Yes, the lips are pretty sketchy, they are thin metal pressed on the actual rim, and chip real easy. At some point pressure washing them almost striped them completly of their paint. Had them refinished and never had a problem since.. This setup with larger tires could work, but on very low suspension setting, with stock sizes I get rubbing in the front

For the price, the wheels are pretty nice! Yes, the lips are pretty sketchy, they are thin metal pressed on the actual rim, and chip real easy. At some point pressure washing them almost striped them completly of their paint. Had them refinished and never had a problem since.. This setup with larger tires could work, but on very low suspension setting, with stock sizes I get rubbing in the front
When you say re-finish, do you mean powder coating them or simply repainting? Our local shop in Minneapolis charges about $140 per wheel for powder coarting rims, I am not sure if that's a viable option. I like the FR4 but the chipping is holding me back. Do you know or think Rohana RFC10 which has pretty similar lip design would have the same issue?

When you say re-finish, do you mean powder coating them or simply repainting? Our local shop in Minneapolis charges about $140 per wheel for powder coarting rims, I am not sure if that's a viable option. I like the FR4 but the chipping is holding me back. Do you know or think Rohana RFC10 which has pretty similar lip design would have the same issue?
Not powder coated, just had the lips repainted with 2-part automotive paint. The issue is that from factory they take the chrome lips and paint them directly without any kind of prep. So the finish doesnt 'stick' and flakes off. They do this to give the black lip a candy effect, but makes for a filmsy finish. Otherwise the wheels are really nice, the deep concave effect from the spokes are not something you find on many other wheels.

Not powder coated, just had the lips repainted with 2-part automotive paint. The issue is that from factory they take the chrome lips and paint them directly without any kind of prep. So the finish doesnt 'stick' and flakes off. They do this to give the black lip a candy effect, but makes for a filmsy finish. Otherwise the wheels are really nice, the deep concave effect from the spokes are not something you find on many other wheels.
This is just unacceptable when you pay $3k for a set of wheels and the manufacturer does not even paint them properly......really frustrating. I wanted to go with FR4s badly but didn't want to deal with paint chipping and potential bad customer service. I ended up buying Rohana RFX5s though I do not like them as much. But all my other choices were either not avaiable in 22s or have really late delivery.

Haha; yep; the Michelin 4S tires were $2,562 shipped from Tirerack ;). But, not many options in those sizes, and they are good handling tires with decent tread-wear mileage. I also really like the sidewall design.

Couple more photos in different angles to see how the flush, wide fitment bring those wide hips to light. All teslas have wide hips, but the design of the X kind of accentuates that property well.

View attachment 910771
View attachment 910770
Your setup looks amazing!

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and getting a 2016 Tesla 90D. I am thinking to put on a wide body kit and to take advantage of the kit; I am thinking to put on the following wheel set:
Brixton Forged WR7
22x11.5 on all 4
offset: 19

Would these setting to be too aggressive? Thank you all in advance for any input.

Best,
John

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and getting a 2016 Tesla 90D. I am thinking to put on a wide body kit and to take advantage of the kit; I am thinking to put on the following wheel set:
Brixton Forged WR7
22x11.5 on all 4

Would these setting to be too aggressive? Thank you all in advance for any input.

Best,
John
Well... this all depends on the widbody kit.
Do you know how many more millimeter does it add to each corner?

Danny

Hi all,
Brixton Forged WR7
22x11.5 on all 4

Best,
John
www.willtheyfit.com, enter the specs of before and after, see for yourself.