Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10.5 Square.

I "plan" to have a summer set of wheels/tires. Still debating on if I can run a staggered 20x11, 20x12 setup. But I still have time to research.
Isn't the 285/35/20 way undersized? -24mm by the website calc. for the rears vs. OEM

1708478939699.png

How about the load rating on the wheels? Nothing listed on the website, but I gathered since they are "flow-forged" likely 800kg or so. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• X Wheels.jpg
    X Wheels.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 56
Isn't the 285/35/20 way undersized? -24mm by the website calc. for the rears vs. OEM

View attachment 1020306

How about the load rating on the wheels? Nothing listed on the website, but I gathered since they are "flow-forged" likely 800kg or so. 🤷‍♂️

Correct the my selected tire size is undersized compared to OEM. But I was more concerned with the load rating of the tires, and they are within spec. And I just went off a comment on this site where someone reached out to the manufacturer and confirmed they would work.

Tesla Model S Plaid 21 x 9.5 square set up on Model X

Attachments

• IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    638.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4711.jpeg
    IMG_4711.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4835.jpeg
    IMG_4835.jpeg
    822.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4929.jpeg
    IMG_4929.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    981.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4987.jpeg
    IMG_4987.jpeg
    908.1 KB · Views: 35
Here are the updated pics as mentioned in an earlier post. Car is dropped on N2itive Lowering Links and their rear adjustable camber arms. Spent quite some time dialing in the ride height. I can say that I'm pretty happy with it. Enjoy!

GMR LS-1 Wheels
Front 21x9.5 ET 25
Pirelli Scorpion AS 265/40/21

Rear 21x10.5 ET 20
Pirelli Scorpion Verde 275/40/21

1000010126.jpg
1000010128.jpg
1000010133.jpg
1000010132.jpg
1000010123.jpg

Here are the updated pics as mentioned in an earlier post. Car is dropped on N2itive Lowering Links and their rear adjustable camber arms. Spent quite some time dialing in the ride height. I can say that I'm pretty happy with it. Enjoy!

GMR LS-1 Wheels
Front 21x9.5 ET 25
Pirelli Scorpion AS 265/40/21

Rear 21x10.5 ET 20
Pirelli Scorpion Verde 275/40/21
Any difference in air suspension feel with lowering the car vs not? Did lowering and camber change the demeanor in any noticeable way - e.g. many report either cold or mild acceleration vibrations and N2itive sales pitch is thus resolves half shaft induced vibrations although it’s not clear if post 2021 Xs are susceptible to this. Also, did you choose to run different tires (not just size but model) on purpose or it’s just a result of some swap and is temporary ?

Any difference in air suspension feel with lowering the car vs not? Did lowering and camber change the demeanor in any noticeable way - e.g. many report either cold or mild acceleration vibrations and N2itive sales pitch is thus resolves half shaft induced vibrations although it’s not clear if post 2021 Xs are susceptible to this. Also, did you choose to run different tires (not just size but model) on purpose or it’s just a result of some swap and is temporary ?
The car is a tad more stiff at the height that I drive it. The pics above are at the very low setting. (Parked stance...) I always drive on the low setting which is currently at about a finger gap all around. The acceleration vibrations are there on the refresh X's as well but mine went away the day I installed the lowering links and rear camber arms. As far as I'm aware, the lowering links is what fixes the issue and the rear camber arms are to compensate for the lower ride and the cambering that comes with it. The steering wheel is smooth as silk under ANY acceleration. I did run different tires because I had bought different size rear tires that were a tad wide. I was quickly looking around for the 275 rears and found the verde's at a terrific price, so I just went for it. Hope this answers your questions!

Reactions: Milan Djabirov
@That 1 Guy So what are your N2ITIVE link numbers front and rear?

I'm at -4 Front and -6 Rear but the rear is still a little higher and a little harsh IMO in the front so I'll likely go -3 up front.

Those pix are sitting at Very Low I'm guessing? 🤔
I'm currently at a -7 Front and -9 Rear. When I first got them installed, They set it to -5 all around. The front was decent but the rear was WAY too high for my preference. Kept it because I figured I was going to get wheels soon. You guessed correct that the pics are at the very low setting. I don't ever drive it at this height. It's my parked setting. LoL

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Atomic Wheels AWzz Satin Black. Fully forged. Staggered setup: 20x9.5" +35 Front & 20x10.5" +40 Rear. Weight of the wheels are approximately 20.3 and 22.7 respectively. Swapped the 20" tires from original OEM Tesla wheels.

I encountered an unfortunate incident when I inadvertently ran over a small curb, resulting in considerable damage to my OEM 20" cyberstream wheels. The expense of replacing only two wheels at the service center was excessively high. Fortunately, thanks to the unparalleled assistance of Serg from @Atomic Wheels, I managed to discover a more cost-effective and MUCH better and stronger replacement. Also, shout out to @Joseph Torbati and team at OCDetail for the colored PPF + Ceramic Coat!

IMG_5442 Copy.JPG
IMG_5424 copy 2 .jpeg
IMG_5421 Copy Copy.JPG
IMG_5445 Copy.JPG

These are the AWZZ. They had a few in stock last weekend.

Nice, looking wheel, they really look much larger due to their open and thin spoke design. 😎

Did you weigh them yourself though?

Highly doubt they are under 25lbs for 20” and that width. 🤔

My fronts are the same size, Martian MW05 and weigh in at 25 1/2 lbs. (listed as 26lbs. online) fully forged as well. 👀

IMG_0692.jpeg

Don’t see these listed in their site under X. What am i missing? Link?
They are Model S specd wheels. They will fit the X just fine and plenty of weight rating at 900kg. Similar to the Martian MW05 wheels I just picked up for my X.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.jpeg
    IMG_0693.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice, looking wheel, they really look much larger due to their open and thin spoke design. 😎

Did you weigh them yourself though?

Highly doubt they are under 25lbs for 20” and that width. 🤔

My fronts are the same size, Martian MW05 and weigh in at 25 1/2 lbs. (listed as 26lbs. online) fully forged as well. 👀

View attachment 1024452

They are Model S specd wheels. They will fit the X just fine and plenty of weight rating at 900kg. Similar to the Martian MW05 wheels I just picked up for my X.

I did not weight them, however according the Atomic Wheels, these AWzz's are supposedly lighter than the AW01s with an updated design to shave of more weight. The AW01 design seem similar to the MW05s. When I took them our of the box it was no doubt very light. I wanted to go with Martian Wheels at first, but got tired of waiting for them to get back in stock.
IMG_5380 copy.jpg

Last edited: