Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Y_NOT They (21") do look the best. Tires are limited to Pirelli P Zero Elect from Tesla, Pirelli P Zero 4 or Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Wheel: TY118 Forged
Size: 21x9.5” front, 21x10.5” rear
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Elect 255/35-21” front, 275/35-21” rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts & our matte black lug nut covers, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS. 27% lighter than 21” Uberturbine. 11% lighter than 20” Induction. 5% lighter than Gemini.

View attachment 562300 View attachment 562301

wait what???????? Lighter than the Gemini's????? Wow.
Do you have any numbers in terms of range these and 20"s?
Thank you.

Yup. The OEM may be heavier, but they do provide better aero/efficiency. I've seen others reporting similar results of aftermarket vs. OEM.

Keep in mind that efficiency is affected significantly by aerodynamics and tire compounds. Weight and size have minimal effects. Too often folks compare their new wheels but they also swapped tires so difficult to make a conclusion. The OEM tires are very efficient to begin with.

For best efficiency go with the same tire compound and wheel design as oem. If the wheels are smaller, you'll get better ride comfort and acceleration. But don't buy new wheels for better efficiency you won't get your money's worth.

Yup. The OEM may be heavier, but they do provide better aero/efficiency. I've seen others reporting similar results of aftermarket vs. OEM.

Okay so the million dollar question of the day. I was looking at Martians etc. But would Tsportline's TSV which are uberturbine replicas in 19 and 20's be the best option?

Because if the design is that aerodynamically efficient then getting it in 20's with the wheel about the same weight as the Gemini's would probably be the best of both worlds. Get the black wheels, the cool looks and the efficiency. I'm assuming that the uberturbine design is more aerodynamically efficient than the induction wheel design. Of course I can use the exact same OEM that would normally come with a Tesla.

Thank you.

18 inch Replika R241 Satin Black
Gorilla Locking lugs
235/55R18 Crossclimate SUV tires

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

damn low key alot of these aftermarket wheels look pretty lame compared to the ubers. Makes the car look less aggressive too. Sorry to be ball busting but ill just say it as it is. Ill lose 15-20 miles a charge if my car will look nice, its worth it lol

This might be the first time you've encountered subjective preference, so I'll give you a pass. I'm glad you like your wheels, just like the above liked theirs. If you're just trying to substantiate not getting aftermarket wheels, this isn't a great way to do it. But if you really like your wheels, it's pretty "lame" to call others' preferences "lame"

This might be the first time you've encountered subjective preference, so I'll give you a pass. I'm glad you like your wheels, just like the above liked theirs. If you're just trying to substantiate not getting aftermarket wheels, this isn't a great way to do it. But if you really like your wheels, it's pretty "lame" to call others' preferences "lame"

ur right, maybe using the word lame was a poor choice. I didn’t mean to offend anyone with their aftermarket wheels wheels, I’m happy if they are happy. I just think they all look less aggressive, maybe because everyone is focused on downsizing for efficiency and acceleration performance.
I’m not saying it just to substantiate not getting aftermarket wheels myself. I probably will get aftermarket wheels eventually.