Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the measurement on your car from floor-to-wheel-arch? Curious how low y'all are getting.

Mine is 28" on all four corners on LOW. I'm considering going down to 27.75" in the front only to give it a small rake that will probably level out once i'm on the highway under power. I'm not a huge fan of fender gap - I had it lower with my 22s, but I'm trying to balance good looks with actual practical daily drivability. I'm getting my rear camber adjusted via the EV Tuning arms on Tuesday with an alignment...right now I have 3 degrees of negative camber, and my tires are about 1mm from the strut tower.

25" all around...

on the Porsche,
28" on the Tesla. :cool:

LOWERED FOLKS:

What is the measurement on your car from floor-to-wheel-arch? Curious how low y'all are getting.

Mine is 28" on all four corners on LOW. I'm considering going down to 27.75" in the front only to give it a small rake that will probably level out once i'm on the highway under power.

I'm not a huge fan of fender gap - I had it lower with my 22s, but I'm trying to balance good looks with actual practical daily drivability.

WBRSpOo.jpg

I'm getting my rear camber adjusted via the EV Tuning arms on Tuesday with an alignment...right now I have 3 degrees of negative camber, and my tires are about 1mm from the strut tower.
I'm about 26.5" all around on low. I bottom out at times, so I'm considering going up a little.

• Helpful
Reactions: All In
Following up on my post about installing the EV Tuning camber arms....

Apparently according to EV Tuning, I installed them backwards in the image below. While the orientation doesn't actually matter from an engineering standpoint, if you install it the way it's pictured in the quote below, you have to adjust the camber by taking off the wheel (no space to adjust from below). If you turn it around, though, you have to have aftermarket adjustable airmatic links, because you'd be moving the sensor arm position as you adjust camber out.

I chose the former - keep it 'backwards.' it makes the camber adjustment harder, but i dont have to re-adjust the airmatic links and could put the factory control arms back in if necessary with no change to the ride height.

The result is dramatic, I went from -3.1 deg camber to -1.4 deg, with plenty of 'room' to go.

j7bjpOX.jpg

4YKUfb3.jpg

rPdSvlf.jpg

I installed them today. The process is very simple - the hardest part for me was getting the old control arms out. The car had the 1st Gen EV Tuning arms on there that require modifying the factory control arms, and they looked........rough. The new ones are much, much more solid.

I will need to get the car re-leveled because these arms put the sensor mount point back in its factory position, and will then get it aligned. Right now I have them set to the same length as the outgoing set so that I can drive it safely in the meantime.

Reactions: All In and bwherry
I saw that Tesla with the LMs before, and to be honest, it didn't look that appealing to me. The 21" LMRs look way better and the 20" LMs look way too tiny. Then when I look at 16P90DL's car with the Volk TE37s, 20s look so perfect. Call me stubborn, but I'm still going to try to stance the 20" LMs.

f1faf3d6-2536-43bd-90c1-8daf4b0b94bb-jpeg.536305

IMO, the 20s look good when they’re dark or black with meaty tires like the car above. If your wheels are going to be silver or come with a polished lip, I think the 20s might look small, like the vehicle with the 20” LMs.

Reactions: bwherry
I measured this morning, in my driveway, on low. I think due to the steep, little ramp at the end of my driveway the air suspension gets a little off when I pull in, and doesn't totally even out when the car is parked. That being said, the rear ground-to-fender is 27.5". The fronts were like 28" on one side and 26.5" on the other, I think due to the aforementioned issue. So probably around 27.25" for the fronts after settling, on flat ground. Again, this is on the LOW setting, with UP brackets.

Car looks like this, BTW:
frontside-5075-jpg.573657

(though not nearly that clean right now :sob:)

Brian
Hey Brian,
Can you post your wheel setup? Are those Vossens?