Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone running BBS LMs?

It took about a week for me to go through all 93 pages, but I can't remember if I saw one on a Model S. Does anyone have any experience with them and know if they'll fit? I know it's an older style wheel, so I want to make sure I won't have issue like TPMS, hub core, etc.

Love how it looks. I actually wanted these as my first choice. Vossen?

Yes, they are Vossen VFS1s. I actually had 255/30/22 and 285/30/22 tires on them, and they just baaaaaaaaarely fit with some rubbing in the back over bumps.

Would you be open to sharing some more close ups of the stance of your car? I'm reconfiguring mine for 21s, and I like the fitment you achieved. I'm assuming you lowered it - how do you avoid rubbing in the front with a flush setup?

here's mine setup 20x10 square F+30 R+27 TE37 ultra 265/275 35"
265 is max i can squeeze in front without hitting inner control arm.
full

Does the front rub with that wheel/tire/offset combo? At full lock?

Yes, they are Vossen VFS1s. I actually had 255/30/22 and 285/30/22 tires on them, and they just baaaaaaaaarely fit with some rubbing in the back over bumps.

Would you be open to sharing some more close ups of the stance of your car? I'm reconfiguring mine for 21s, and I like the fitment you achieved. I'm assuming you lowered it - how do you avoid rubbing in the front with a flush setup?

Sure. I have take some pics tomorrow. It still rubs a bit but not as bad when I had stock turbines w/ spacers. On the freeway I do get a little rub on big dips.
I got the wheels used so I actually don’t know the exact off sets.

View attachment 622753 View attachment 622754 View attachment 622755 On a side note. I’d also like to see what interior mods people got too. Gonna have my nvx sub and lh speakers in the front doors installed in the next few weeks. Would love too see what some of you guys are doing for rear entertainment options.
Saw this guy on YouTube, if anyone has a similar setup let me know. I got a few questions about tapping power out of the seat. I believe he’s a using similar monitors to what I posted in the attached file. Want this along with a LTE upgrade. I know this posting is about wheels but since we had so many people with mods posting on this, I thought I’d ask. Thanks guys

Do you still have the plastic wrap on your screen... you may want to mod that first? :cool:

94a0db1d-83f3-4ee3-b6e1-89cfcc7321e8-png.622753

Reactions: CO_MY
Thanks man! The photo below is the only picture I have directly behind the rear.

No rubbing whatsoever, even at this height. These wheels were made to fit my car (5x120), without needing hub centric rings as well.

My car is lowered now on airmatic lowering links. The setting is set to "LOW" for these pictures, but I actually can daily drive at this setting without hitting anything. I actually use to drive lower when I use to have my Unplugged Performance lowering brackets. Let me know if you have any other questions!

View attachment 536840

Absolutely love your entire setup so I hope you don't mind me copying it except in white body color. Even my wife is asking me to buy her the kit... LOL. Do you have any pics at ride height? Are you using any rear adjustable camber arms? If so, where in the Bay did you go for installation/alignment?

Thanks man! The photo below is the only picture I have directly behind the rear.

No rubbing whatsoever, even at this height. These wheels were made to fit my car (5x120), without needing hub centric rings as well.

My car is lowered now on airmatic lowering links. The setting is set to "LOW" for these pictures, but I actually can daily drive at this setting without hitting anything. I actually use to drive lower when I use to have my Unplugged Performance lowering brackets. Let me know if you have any other questions!

View attachment 536840

Why did you go from the UP lowering brackets to the airmatic lowering links? I saw and loved your stanced so I copied your wheels offsets and plan on getting the same tires. One thing I didn't think about was alignment. I bought the UP rear adjustable camber arms to save my tires. Does your stance require an aggressive rear camber? If it does, then I might change my rear wheel specs to be more fender friendly. Please let me know when you can so I can still communicate with my wheel vendor. TIA!

Oh yah, where in the Bay Area did you get any of your work done/alignment?

Why did you go from the UP lowering brackets to the airmatic lowering links? I saw and loved your stanced so I copied your wheels offsets and plan on getting the same tires. One thing I didn't think about was alignment. I bought the UP rear adjustable camber arms to save my tires. Does your stance require an aggressive rear camber? If it does, then I might change my rear wheel specs to be more fender friendly. Please let me know when you can so I can still communicate with my wheel vendor. TIA!

Oh yah, where in the Bay Area did you get any of your work done/alignment?

I moved from Unplugged Brackets to Airmatic links just to get a bit more adjustability. The UP Brackets are great, set the car at a fantastic height that looks awesome, but my wheels and tires were too big and being that low caused some rubbing.

I had wide 22's with tires that were just plain too big for the wheel wells, so don't let that sway you from the unplugged brackets. I just didn't do my due diligence when sizing my stuff, and raising the car a little bit was far more cost effective than switching wheels/tires at the time.

If you're looking for unplugged brackets, I can sell you mine for pretty cheap.

2016 P100D, TE37 Diamond Black, 20x10 +30 Square setup. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255x40R20. Slight rub on the liner with this tire setup at full lock, but went for the meatier tire as I drive in the pothole alley that is Los Angeles. I just got them mounted and installed today, stock suspension. kDEfoXh.jpg w6VbR4T.jpg

S owners looking for wheel color ideas, check out this Midnight Smoke color in this new vlog.

We had the privilege of being able to take delivery of a brand new 2021 Model S for a client and modify it before they even saw the car for the first time. Vossen Forged EVO-1 Monoblocks. 5 spoke split design keeps it nice and simple and the finish just ties in nicely with the black theme. Clean setup that you won’t see often. Wheels are 21" staggered.

We also installed Vossen HF4T on another Model S if you’re looking for wheel design ideas that’ll go great with the car!

~ 0:51 mark for Vossen HF4T on Model S

~ 5:53 mark for Model S project — chrome delete, tint, and Vossen wheels

@Aggmeister2010 sorry forgot to upload these. I’m not a good photographer .

I think the road a bit uneven. The back usually sits lower. Let me know if you need a different angle.

Attachments

• B602B1BF-52B8-4983-803F-5F27AF8E9DD3.jpeg
    B602B1BF-52B8-4983-803F-5F27AF8E9DD3.jpeg
    580 KB · Views: 283
  • 1662A3A6-E086-4204-9D6F-26AA28230C9F.jpeg
    1662A3A6-E086-4204-9D6F-26AA28230C9F.jpeg
    467.6 KB · Views: 276
  • F86C6E1B-9884-4669-B6AB-A4553230A61B.jpeg
    F86C6E1B-9884-4669-B6AB-A4553230A61B.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 22A0F9F9-441F-4881-9DD0-AD4056A71E92.jpeg
    22A0F9F9-441F-4881-9DD0-AD4056A71E92.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 216
Anyone running BBS LMs?

It took about a week for me to go through all 93 pages, but I can't remember if I saw one on a Model S. Does anyone have any experience with them and know if they'll fit? I know it's an older style wheel, so I want to make sure I won't have issue like TPMS, hub core, etc.

The LM's are a classic forged track wheel designed by BBS... I have run them on 911's, but never considered the Model S. :cool:
Post a few photos if you decide to try a test fitment on a Tesla.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: D Unit
The LM's are a classic forged track wheel designed by BBS... I have run them on 911's, but never considered the Model S. :cool:
Post a few photos if you decide to try a test fitment on a Tesla.

Will do. I just bought these LMs.
20x9.5 et 37 LM230
20x10 et 33 LM284

The pics you posted look like reverse mounted LMs. I'm planning to do the exact same thing which will change the offsets to this...
20x9.5 et 22
20x10 et 18

I'm going to have @thee_deported from SoCal machine the faces for the reverse mount, change the hardware, polish the lips, brush the faces, etc.
IMG_5783.jpg