Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone thought of getting BMW wheels for the MS. There's lots to chose from in the 19-21" range and most have a 5/120 bolt circle and ET between 35 and 45. Changing the center mark from BMW to Tesla of course.
Quite expensive though...

20" TSW Nurburgrings in matte gunmetal
35mm offset on all 4
Tires are Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas
9" wide in the front with 245s
10" wide in the rear with 275s
19X8 5-120 20C TSW Snetterton wheels for our "winter" set. Put Michelin MXM4 tires on them. Will prolly put the 21" stock with Contis back on in a couple weeks.
new rims.jpg

Just took the picture with phone because convenient. :smile:

Reactions: Skavatar
Should have the 22" Niche Targa M129 powder coated graphite on the P85 by 5/5/14. Between now and then, it's in the hands of shops getting (installed): LI laser jammer, STI-R+, Photosync 35/75 all-around/front, Optic-coat and Xpel...and then lastly the wheels/tires. Immediately after all this, I'm getting Tesla SC to install the camber bolts so the spec alignment stats could be redialed to minimize the aggressive camber setup in order to minimize the rear inside tire wear which everyone's noticed. Hope with the 22's the ride won't be harsher than I am willing to stand! Up side, per my personal experience on Panamara and other ICE vehicles, the 22" tires (Cont. Extreme DWS 285 or 295 in rear while 245 on the front) that I can now use with these 22s will provide much better wear, quieter ride, and much lower per tire cost. Crossing my fingers to see how all this turns out!

Anyone thought of getting BMW wheels for the MS. There's lots to chose from in the 19-21" range and most have a 5/120 bolt circle and ET between 35 and 45. Changing the center mark from BMW to Tesla of course.
Quite expensive though...
The center logo is one thing. The other is the difference in center bore. Tesla S needs 64.1 mm, where various BMW models have larger center bores.

So you'll need adapter rings for exact fitment. My Soleil Wheel rims are in fact after market wheels for different BMW models. 3 Series in front combined with X5 in the rear.

Reactions: Skavatar
I don't understand why someone would want to put bmw wheels on. I always despised the look of BMW wheels. Are they even rated to handle the weight of the MS? Even if they are, they're still ugly.

That's a rather blanket statement. There are wide variety BMW wheels designed by many different designers and by different manufactures (BBS, Ronal etc...). I can understand not liking some, but there are some very cool wheel designs. Additionally if you expand to aftermarket wheels that were originally made for BMWs but will fit the Tesla you have much great choice. Many of the wheels we see on the forum were originally made by the aftermarket for BMWs and have been adapted.