Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
21" HCS02S for Model S Plaid
This set just finished for one of our Model S Plaid clients. Like our OG setup! :cool:
Brushed Grey Center / Polished Lip / Exposed Black Hardware
Staggered 21x9.5 / 21x10.5 / Deepest Concavity

View attachment 957388

Please message or email us at [email protected] for any questions or ordering details!

Danny

21x9.5 / 20x10.5 BC Forged HCS02S fitted onto our client Vince's Model S Plaid!
"Really loving the wheels. Get complements on them any time I drive. Thanks again."
image_50437377.JPG

image_50395905.JPG

Lowered via N2itive lowering links & rear camber arms. Perfect daily stance!

Please message or email us at [email protected] for any questions or ordering details.

Danny

The ride quality and range increase as you go down in wheel size; 21, 20, 19. Of course this is subjective but that is the prevailing consensus.

The roads you drive on obviously play into this. If you have pothole-strewn roads, with a lot of frost damage or road construction, then 21s may not be your jam. They will always look good though. :cool:

I've had 21s and 19s on current-gen S's (2021+) and driving the same roads, most of the time they are similar when the pavement isn't torn up badly. There are some areas where there is an obvious difference for ride quality. My first S had 19's and I was quite happy with it for most of the roads here. My Plaid has 21s and while it was worse, it wasn't as bad as I'd read, but definitely worse. As I said this is all subjective.

I can't use 19's due to the track pack brakes on my car so for me, 20's might be the Goldilocks option. In other states, I could even use 22's without much issue. I'd probably keep the 21's I have as they look amazing on the car. So I ordered square 20's for my car as much to improve ride quality, as to likely increase tire options. By going with a square setup, I'll increase my tire warranty as well. Given how the S (and other big EVs) seem to destroy tires, this could go a long way toward paying for the wheels.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
The ride quality and range increase as you go down in wheel size; 21, 20, 19. Of course this is subjective but that is the prevailing consensus.

The roads you drive on obviously play into this. If you have pothole-strewn roads, with a lot of frost damage or road construction, then 21s may not be your jam. They will always look good though. :cool:

I've had 21s and 19s on current-gen S's (2021+) and driving the same roads, most of the time they are similar when the pavement isn't torn up badly. There are some areas where there is an obvious difference for ride quality. My first S had 19's and I was quite happy with it for most of the roads here. My Plaid has 21s and while it was worse, it wasn't as bad as I'd read, but definitely worse. As I said this is all subjective.

I can't use 19's due to the track pack brakes on my car so for me, 20's might be the Goldilocks option. In other states, I could even use 22's without much issue. I'd probably keep the 21's I have as they look amazing on the car. So I ordered square 20's for my car as much to improve ride quality, as to likely increase tire options. By going with a square setup, I'll increase my tire warranty as well. Given how the S (and other big EVs) seem to destroy tires, this could go a long way toward paying for the wheels.
Good information thanks. Coming from a M3P to the MSP, the ride quality with the air suspension and 19" is amazing, but the car just needs a good looking set of 20" or 21"s.

Good information thanks. Coming from a M3P to the MSP, the ride quality with the air suspension and 19" is amazing, but the car just needs a good looking set of 20" or 21"s.
Model S is uses one aspect ratio higher respective to Model 3.

If you were okay with 19" on M3P, you should be okay with 20" on MSP.
20"/21" so on and so forth.

Feel free to message me if you need to brainstorm a few wheel options for your Model S!

Danny

Model S is uses one aspect ratio higher respective to Model 3.

If you were okay with 19" on M3P, you should be okay with 20" on MSP.
20"/21" so on and so forth.

Feel free to message me if you need to brainstorm a few wheel options for your Model S!

Danny
Roger and thanks. I actually though the 20" uberheavy wheels looked good on the M3P, so I'm going to get some 20" t-sportline wheels for the MSP :cool:

Where did you get this?! I neeeed this in my life. Seriosuly, did you make it yourself, or did you buy it from somewhere?

Two tubes from home depot: VPC 6 in. X 24 in. ABS SDR-35 Riser Pipe 6006-2 - The Home Depot
Find and purchase/download a Duracell battery image from etsy
Then print the duracell logos on sticky posters at fedex print center to apply to the tubes. The size was 20 x 24 to cover those specific tubes.
I never found caps that were the right size to close off the ends, but the end product looked good regardless.

Here are mine. They are 21" Signature SV303S 3-piece forged wheels on stock size Michelin PS4S. The color is brushed bronze tinted. It is stock ride height and no lowering links.

View attachment 964634View attachment 964635View attachment 964636
Looks great. If I may ask since you, like me, are on stock suspension and Signature wheels. I can't for the life of me figure out the stock air suspension height. I have mine in "default ride height to low" and sometimes it looks amazing, then other times, it's raised about an inch higher with the setting still set to low. I run the dampers in 'auto' mode all the time....is this the reason? Is the car raising up even in low setting due to ride comfort where it thinks the roads are rough?
(When Adaptive Suspension Damping is set to Comfort or Auto, the suspension may raise to improve ride comfort on rough roads. (U.S. only)

I run mine in the manual setting and I don't set the ride height to low as default as the roads are too bad here.

If I want it lower, and I didn't do anything special for the photos, I just set it to low when I park. As you mentioned, it will auto-raise if bad. I've had it do it on several occasions. It always showed an announcement on the front display when it did it.

Reactions: rjhoskins
BC Forged HCA162S with 305's in the rear.

20231015_172544.jpg

0907-4-2.jpg

20x9.5/20x10.5 Staggered / Matte Gunmetal Center / Gloss Black Lip / Exposed Black Hardware / Max Concavity

MODEL+ is an authorized BC Forged Dealer. Exclusively offering and supporting authentic BC Forged wheels and accessories.
Shipping Worldwide 🌎

Feel free to leave us message here if you have any questions!
TMC member discounts and special bundled deals are available!

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]