Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Us Your Tents!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at all the pics posted here up until now, a few observations. It looks like over 95 percent of those in line are men. That's a bit suprising, but understandable.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the vast majority of women still have range anxiety with Pure EV's ? I don't know...

As an EC / NYC area guy living in Austin now, and having driven from here to NM recently for skiing, I can say there are zero Superchargers enroute. And that's a 11 hour drive and most of the time, for hundreds of miles, not a human in sight. Same thing if you wanna drive from the DFW to OKC, for example. And, with TX, OK not allowing Tesla to sell directly via company owned dealerships, there will be a ways to go, IMO, before we see mass market penetration outside of CA, WA, FL etc. It's gonna take some time and we will need to be patient for maybe another 3-4 years ?

Anyways, Tesla still needs to crack the code with women, IMO.

Another observation, UK seems pretty much a dud for Tesla to date, with Norway, Netherlands and Switzerland way ahead.

I'll be in line this AM though....and I hardly drive any more...maybe like 400 miles a month on average !!! And, I spend like almost 50 PC of my time on the EC and internationally, so I am in it just for the love of it !

Last edited:
Reactions: ggnykk
At Tyson's Corner, VA its been a long night but looks like a great turn out. About 40 + in line..

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 96
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 74
Perhaps, just perhaps, the vast majority of women still have range anxiety with Pure EV's ? I don't know...

Maybe they're not that risks takers (wait 2-3 years for a car with lots of unknowns). I'm in the same boat, the closest service center is 1200 km away (in Vienna, Austria) and no superchargers. Until that changes I'll only dream about owning a Tesla.