Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side View Mirrors Stopped Folding (Model X) - Software Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile I'm at the Cincinnati SC (for an unrelated issue) and no one here seems to believe me about the mirror issue lol. I was literally here a few weeks ago for that same issue! Oh Tesla...
No one believes you? Do the Xmas easter egg and prove it. :D

If it's already broken, and they don't know how to fix it, that's something else....

The email is super slow. I sent an email for this issue and got a response after 3 weeks. By that time I had already called in, scheduled a service appointment, brought it in for service, and had it fixed :p
I just called in again. The guy was unaware of the issue, but asked around and was able to find the fix guidance. He was eventually able to remotely send some commands to fix the mirrors. Folding mirrors again!

Be nice to know what they are actually doing! Especially when the Xmas Easter egg breaks it.
Yeah, it's a funny issue. I wonder what Model X trims are affected, because the SC reps were doing Model Xmas with a showroom X 75D today when I was there and mirrors worked fine afterwards. It had the same 17.34 software mine has and the SC reps had never heard of the mirror folding issue.

Yeah, it's a funny issue. I wonder what Model X trims are affected, because the SC reps were doing Model Xmas with a showroom X 75D today when I was there and mirrors worked fine afterwards. It had the same 17.34 software mine has and the SC reps had never heard of the mirror folding issue.
Didn't see this.. that is weird... what would be different about the two cars... wonder if a setting for the mirrors is the real culprit? Autofold on/off? Autotilt on/off? There are a lot of combos....

I love Tesla service.

Noted my mirrors stopped folding last night. Sent an email to my service center (not the main Tesla email) at 9:30pm last night. Three minutes later I had an email from my service center asking if I had run Merry Xmas (I had the week earlier). 7 minutes later the Shop Supervisor had remotely "reset the controllers for the mirrors" and sure enough I went out to the garage and they were folded. This is not reinstalling the entire firmware...it's just resetting the controllers. Fixed in minutes! Now I hope they fix the firmware!

I've emailed them twice and talked to Tesla support once. No response to emails. Tesla support said they didn't know what was wrong or anything about the xmas demo. Told me they were going to pass along all the info to my service center for them to contact me. It's been a couple weeks now and no call from the SC. It would be nice if Tesla could get their own story straight and have everyone on the same page.

I just realized my folding mirrors stopped folding too. And yes, I recently ran the light show a couple of weeks ago. Tried the rebooting and that did not solve it.

I just emailed servicehelpNA@tesla and requested the OTA fix.

This forum is so helpful!

I'll let you know they they are able to fix.