Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

silly show involving William Shatner, George Foreman, Henry Winkler (The Fonz) and Terry Bradshaw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cwerdna

Jul 11, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Anyone watching? The show's called Better Late Than Never. It looks like it normally airs on Tuesdays on NBC.

Those who are Star Trek TOS or fans of one the above guys might like this "reality show". It's a sort of a travel show but reminds me a bit of An Idiot Abroad along w/bits of Bizarre Foods in there.

YouTube channel at Better Late Than Never.

These will give you an idea of what the show's about:
'Better Late than Never' hits the road with senior stars - CNN Video

Since I missed ep 1, I tried the copies on YouTube like the official one at
and some others I found. They're all terrible, possibly intentionally.

They end up only showing the video in a small portion of the entire screen/video window w/a vignetting effect (dark around the edges) and the audio is of poor quality. It was that way via the YouTube app on my Roku 3 and just as bad casting to Chromecast.

Ended up watching some of it via NBC's iPad app. At least it's full screen but you're forced to watch ads.

I've set a season pass for this show on my TiVo for this show now.

They end up only showing the video in a small portion of the entire screen/video window w/a vignetting effect (dark around the edges) and the audio is of poor quality. It was that way via the YouTube app on my Roku 3 and just as bad casting to Chromecast.

Yep, this is done to bypass the automatic detection in place on YouTube with potential copyright claims. There's an automated search-and-destroy process for unaltered videos. By zooming in on the video, putting a vignette, playing the video inside a static image of a TV, etc... the posters can bypass the automated processes. As you found, the only way to avoid that garbage is to watch it on official channels and deal with the commercials.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Yep, this is done to bypass the automatic detection in place on YouTube with potential copyright claims. There's an automated search-and-destroy process for unaltered videos. By zooming in on the video, putting a vignette, playing the video inside a static image of a TV, etc... the posters can bypass the automated processes. As you found, the only way to avoid that garbage is to watch it on official channels and deal with the commercials.
Interesting way for pirates to get around the system. I made a mistake in my earlier version of this post. The ep 1 video I posted looked like it was from the official YouTube channel but apparently wasn't.

Last edited: