Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver AWD configurations and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our silver AWD was delivered this past Friday. Definitely worth the wait folks!

52AF01E0-9E59-40CD-B26E-A4994FE5D786.jpeg

Reactions: DR61 and EValuatED
Congrats skitown. I'm waiting for an almost identical config in South Central Idaho. How did the home delivery experience go? I got an email on Sept 6 asking me to schedule pickup in Salt Lake City between the 20-27th. I didn't want to drive 200+ miles each way with all the issues I've heard about the delivery experience, so I requested home delivery. I'm still waiting for contact from the home delivery team.

Congrats skitown. I'm waiting for an almost identical config in South Central Idaho. How did the home delivery experience go? I got an email on Sept 6 asking me to schedule pickup in Salt Lake City between the 20-27th. I didn't want to drive 200+ miles each way with all the issues I've heard about the delivery experience, so I requested home delivery. I'm still waiting for contact from the home delivery team.
Home delivery was smooth. Met the driver at a locale that had lots of room for his 80 foot rig to maneuver. We probably could have had our car a couple weeks sooner had we opted to go pick it up. Where we live, our Service Center is technically Portland. If we were in Boise, it would be SLC. Anyway - I've picked up two previous CPOs; one in Seattle and one in Portland. I would have done that with our Model 3 to save Tesla the expense and get our car sooner, but my wife and I couldn't make it work this time unfortunately; and since we're both on the registration, we both had to be there if we'd taken delivery at the SC. This rule is a little odd, but seems to be the case. Whereas, only one needs to be present to take home delivery.

Don't expect the driver to know much about your car. He/she may know a bit if they've personally delivered a bunch already, but ours joked about not knowing much. You'll sign a few documents and then will be on your way. He'll send your signature document back to the Tesla Mothership that says you've taken delivery.

Home delivery was smooth. Met the driver at a locale that had lots of room for his 80 foot rig to maneuver. We probably could have had our car a couple weeks sooner had we opted to go pick it up. Where we live, our Service Center is technically Portland. If we were in Boise, it would be SLC. Anyway - I've picked up two previous CPOs; one in Seattle and one in Portland. I would have done that with our Model 3 to save Tesla the expense and get our car sooner, but my wife and I couldn't make it work this time unfortunately; and since we're both on the registration, we both had to be there if we'd taken delivery at the SC. This rule is a little odd, but seems to be the case. Whereas, only one needs to be present to take home delivery.

Don't expect the driver to know much about your car. He/she may know a bit if they've personally delivered a bunch already, but ours joked about not knowing much. You'll sign a few documents and then will be on your way. He'll send your signature document back to the Tesla Mothership that says you've taken delivery.
Just curious how high your VIN was and date of manufacture - was it Aug or Sept?

Lastly, your alls' mileage may vary, but I think the standard 18"s look really great with the car in silver. I've got a couple friends that are "car guys" and own Porsches and they kept saying how awesome they thought the wheels were. Couldn't believe how affordable they are too! (I'm getting another set for winter...) I told one them that I was getting the same winter wheels and TPMS for ~$1200. He said "$1200 each, right?" When I told him that was the price for the whole set he couldn't believe it, compared to what he pays for Porsche wheels. LOL

Lastly, your alls' mileage may vary, but I think the standard 18"s look really great with the car in silver. I've got a couple friends that are "car guys" and own Porsches and they kept saying how awesome they thought the wheels were. Couldn't believe how affordable they are too! (I'm getting another set for winter...) I told one them that I was getting the same winter wheels and TPMS for ~$1200. He said "$1200 each, right?" When I told him that was the price for the whole set he couldn't believe it, compared to what he pays for Porsche wheels. LOL
Are you buying them from a 3rd party? I thought they were $2000 from Tesla.