TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Silver Metallic

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Bunky, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Bunky

Bunky Member

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but it looks like there is a new 'Silver Metallic' option on the Model S design studio. Is this the same as the old Silver?

It looks amazing!

Silver.png

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

This should make folks that were holding out happy (if they were waiting for this color). Might annoy those who were waiting and had to confirm without it though.

3. Hank42

Hank42 Member

Huh - did they bump another hue, or is this added? Also, did they bring back to old silver, or is this a new silver entirely - it seems to have the same name?

4. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

There's also a "Midnight Silver" among the 9 choices. Is that new? I don't see gray anymore.

5. timf

timf Member

The Silver option is showing the same color code as before (PMSS), so it should be unchanged from earlier models. "Midnight Silver" is the same as Steel Grey/New Grey. The name changed back around the time the true silver was dropped.

6. themacs

themacs Member

I met with a sales manager today as I have (and love) the silver 85 S. We just ordered the P90D and had wanted silver but it was not offered till just a few days ago. We ordered Titanium. He was was kind enough to drive one of the Titanium demonstrators out and put it side by side with my silver.

YES it IS the same silver as my 2014. Not a new "silver" color change.

After much consternation we stayed with the new Titanium color.

7. ahurst

ahurst Member

I like the light silver, but can't decide if gray turbines or silver turbines look best.

8. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

Good info...& awesome service!