Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver or White? Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it is stupid question as the answer will be always subjective. But I would like to know from people who saw TM3 in white and silver in person. Which colour do you like more? I am affraid that the silver is more like dull gray but on some photos it looks fantastic. Meanwhile I say white in video and the pearl glimmering was visible and nice.
Also I will go with white interior and 18 aero wheels. I am adfrad that white exterior+interior will look stupid, more like Pope wan :)
Help?!

Blue!

But seriously, the silver was the only one that hasn’t impressed me in person. Still a beautiful car, but not a beautiful color on the car— in my subjective eyes. Blue, midnight silver, and red all looked spectacular in person. White slightly less so, but still great, and noticeably better than silver.

I guess black is the only one I haven’t seen live.

Ouch, didn't expect so much "hate" on Silver. Don't you expect the car to be too much white with white interior? Thats what I am afraid with white colour.

Nope! Actually, it'll be a really nice mix of black and white, both inside and out. Remember that the white interior supposedly has black door panels, center console, seatbelts, and more - so it'll be a nice mix for sure.

Ouch, didn't expect so much "hate" on Silver. Don't you expect the car to be too much white with white interior? Thats what I am afraid with white colour.

I think the white interior is going to look awful with anything other than black or midnight silver to be honest, so the difference between white or silver paint on the outside when considering the inside is splitting hairs at that point.

You guys are really bumming me out! I was not at all interested in the silver until I went to a Tesla store and saw most of the model 3 colors in person. For some reason the silver really stood out to me. So that is now my color of choice. It's apparently the least popular color according to this recent poll on Reddit: What color Model 3 did you order? - Poll on strawpoll.com

I initally was set on midnight silver but seeing it in person it looks boring to me. The silver really popped to my eyes. To each their own I guess.

Red looks good but in certain lights it looks too fire engine red to me...plus I already have a red car.

You guys are really bumming me out!

In the end, it's YOUR car and only YOUR opinion should matter. Personally I don't actually like any of the colors Tesla offers but Midnight Silver was the least-bad so that's what I went with. I get a bunch of compliments on it but even if other people didn't like it, I still love the car overall so that's what counts.

Reactions: C141medic
In the end, it's YOUR car and only YOUR opinion should matter. Personally I don't actually like any of the colors Tesla offers but Midnight Silver was the least-bad so that's what I went with. I get a bunch of compliments on it but even if other people didn't like it, I still love the car overall so that's what counts.

True. Plus with as many of these things as we're about to see driving around it'll be kinda nice to have a color that's not as common.

Black, just screwing with you - get what you like and don't let anyone tell you what color to get. Personally I have had 3 Model S's two were white and one was black - the Pearl White one gets more compliments than the black one.. all my other cars are gray or silver - guess I am the soulless one...

The silver shown during the Mar 31 2016 reveal was amazing. Very metallic. The production silver feels dull and gray. I would have gone with the reveal silver if it had been an option.
tes3.jpg