Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single click autosteer and listening to messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lbeder

Nov 4, 2021
USA
I have a new Model S with a yoke. I have set up single click autosteer activation, but how can I also use the right wheel to listen to messages? One click tells the car to go in/out of autosteer. One click is also supposed to read messages, but it doesn’t. It shouldn’t be that I need to stick with double-click, or one click wouldn’t be an option. What am I missing?

I'm completely new to the Model S, but from what I've learned so far, double click is used if you want a single click to be cruise control and a double click to be autopilot--otherwise a single click will start autopilot. At least that's what it seems to me?

Still haven't figured out any of the message reading stuff...it looks like iPhone message reading isn't supported?

I have a new Model S with a yoke. I have set up single click autosteer activation, but how can I also use the right wheel to listen to messages? One click tells the car to go in/out of autosteer. One click is also supposed to read messages, but it doesn’t. It shouldn’t be that I need to stick with double-click, or one click wouldn’t be an option. What am I missing?
I figured it out (when I wasn’t driving), realizing that a pop up shows to click the mic on the yoke. Crisis averted. Thanks!

I recommend that you set it to 2-click AP (1-click TACC)
Pressing it again also cancels autosteer.
Right Scroll wheel on new Model S is dedicated to FSD. I’m guessing it’s to avoid unintentional acceleration…
This is the consequence of deleting the Autopilot stalk.

Reactions: pilotSteve
The yoke does not provide equal functionality to the older steering wheel and stalks. Amazing Tesla would implement newer technology with less functionality just for appearance and "cool" factor sake.
I currently own both a 2018 model S 100 D and a 2021 Plaid Model S, The yoke blows the steering wheel away in so many ways.
Ergonomics of the yoke is just amazing.
Makes long road trips much more comfortable with way less fatigue.
Turn signals are way better as well easy reach with the thumb and auto canceling.
Tesla is trying to standardize some functionalities of FSD/cruise control.
Allowing you to adjust the speed with the right scroll wheel, which is also handy to trick the system if it doesn’t think you’re holding on by simply rolling it up one click and back down one click…
Some things aren’t the greatest but there are the things that you don’t use that much.
Possibly slightly more difficult to make a U-turn but pretty simple once you get the hang of it. The horn isn’t perfect but again not some thing that I use even on a daily basis.
It’s kind of like when people say it takes longer to recharge at a supercharger than to get a tank of gas.
More than 90% of the time we charge at home with zero time spent.
Compare that to the amount of time you don’t spend the gas stations in total in the course of a year and we’re way ahead of the game.
So essentially the good outweighs the bad. I much prefer the yoke and would never want to go back.
But if you really feel you need stalks there may be options. ;)
7E16C2AC-62D6-458E-85AF-CE881D16F2CE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve