Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM icons didn't update with Sirius channel changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find "Subscriptions" in the Categories tabs. You might have to scroll to the right on Categories to see this. Get your radio ID. You can probably do a refresh using the phone number on your Sirius XNM account if only 1 radio. Go to the SiriusXM refresh page: SiriusXM . Follow Instructions.
Yes that’s how to Refresh your signal. NO , that does not fix any of the miss-labeled and missing channels on the Tesla.

Yes that’s how to Refresh your signal. NO , that does not fix any of the miss-labeled and missing channels on the Tesla.
That would imply that either the radio refresh is not working, or that Tesla has hard-coded the channels into their interface so that the updated lineup is not changing anything. Even if the lineup is incorrect or off, there should be a change. Interesting also that his is not happening to all Teslas, but only certain ones and perhaps certain versions.

That would imply that either the radio refresh is not working, or that Tesla has hard-coded the channels into their interface so that the updated lineup is not changing anything. Even if the lineup is incorrect or off, there should be a change. Interesting also that his is not happening to all Teslas, but only certain ones and perhaps certain versions.
Wow- That was a mouth full. Regardless of all the assumptions and presumptions. I’m not implying, I’m stating an operational fact. The MSP and my MX are none responsive to Sirius refreshes. There is No change after a refresh in any capacity.

Wow- That was a mouth full. Regardless of all the assumptions and presumptions. I’m not implying, I’m stating an operational fact. The MSP and my MX are none responsive to Sirius refreshes. There is No change after a refresh in any capacity.
I understand. I am just trying to figure out how SiriusXM sends out to your radio a refresh with the updates, and your radio does not receive or update itself with the updates, even if it does not do it correctly. Tesla must be blocking the updates, or hard-coded channels on some cars, which also makes no sense. I am just trying to figure out how these results are possible. It doesn't make any sense.

Do we know that all Teslas aren’t having this problem? It could be that not many owners are using Sirius XM or even have a subscription. There are a lot of other free streaming options, so maybe this issue isn’t actually affecting a large percentage of owners. I get the feeling fixing this isn’t a high priority for Tesla. I think this is far more important than adding Tik Tok or some stupid game, but I’m an old fart stuck in my ways and Musk probably could care less about what my generation thinks.

I tried rebooting, refreshing SiriusXM signal from both my end and their end, and still mislabelled channels.

I have all the channels and they work, just the station labels are in the pre-Sirius XM refresh order (Eg channel 6 shows 60s on 6, but SiriusXM changed channel 6 to coffee house now and that’s what shows up/plays when I click on the 60s on 6 album art).

Does indeed feel like there could be some hardcoded logic on teslas software assigning the station art to the station.

Thanks leonwu for repeating this information for my thick head. I too evidently have these scrambled channels that are mislabeled. Channel 6 is as you describe. I guess all the channels I listen too have been undisturbed. This now makes more sense that it is consistent for all SiriusXM users. Has anyone opened up a warranty service ticket on this yet? Of course, there is nothing service can do except escalate to the IT folks at Tesla.

Reactions: Almost
Thanks leonwu for repeating this information for my thick head. I too evidently have these scrambled channels that are mislabeled. Channel 6 is as you describe. I guess all the channels I listen too have been undisturbed. This now makes more sense that it is consistent for all SiriusXM users. Has anyone opened up a warranty service ticket on this yet? Of course, there is nothing service can do except escalate to the IT folks at Tesla.
Yea I didn’t notice until I started tinkering with the stations either. My fiancée only listens to BPM and that’s been channel 51 pre and post SiriusXM station reordering, so only some are impacted.

That is what I do too. I still can’t figure how why thumbnails are wrong? Album art seems to display most of the time, so why would thumbnails not get updated too. I wish Tesla/Sirius would spend some time talking and get this fixed. It can’t be that hard. Instead, Tesla will worry about adding another game, which means nothing to me. :)
Agree, same problem:

Response​

Hello KNUT OJERMARK,
We received your inquiry about your unresolved issue. The Corporate Solutions Team is handling your case 022222-17005 which is currently under investigation. We will contact you soon and you can expect a response within 1-3 business days with a resolution or an update
Thank you
Corporate Solutions Team
Monday thru Friday 8am – 8pm ET
1-855-238-9256 option 3

Subject​

Unresolved Issue
Auto-Response By (Administrator) (02/22/2022 12:00 PM)
Hello KNUT OJERMARK,
We received your inquiry about your unresolved issue. The Corporate Solutions Team is handling your case 022222-17005 which is currently under investigation. We will contact you soon and you can expect a response within 1-3 business days with a resolution or an update
Thank you
Corporate Solutions Team
Monday thru Friday 8am – 8pm ET
1-855-238-9256 option 3

I too am having the same issues on model S refresh. Some of my channel icons are completely. I like Yacht Rock which is presently on 311. I think the yacht rock icon goes to the Sinatra Staton? I can tune to 311 manually, but there is no 311 icon that can be favorited. Its just crazy. If anyone else has a fix please let me know.