Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM Upgrades with last software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a 2015. Has all the above but Caraoke and Sirius XM

Update! as others have mentioned in this thread it seems that once the radio refreshes which you can actually do yourself, then the changes appear. That happened for me today I went to Sirius XM and tuned to channel double-zero which reflash the radio while the radio ID was displayed. suddenly the XM app appeared in my app drawer and all of the associated station art and changes came through. It is much nicer and I am a Sirius XM subscriber so works good for me.

Happy days

Your radio cannot send a signal to SiriusXM to refresh itself. It is a receive radio only. You may reboot the radio, but I do not believe it will refresh the code or configuration. Reset is a signal sent to your individual radio ID from SiriusXM, and must be started by either you or SiriusXM. Following is the link to have SiriusXM send a refresh and reload of its functions to your radio. No other radio would respond to this signal sent by SiriusXM, unless it had the same Unique Radio ID. You don't need to tune to 00. Try forcing a radio refresh from SiriusXM by clicking and following the instructions here: SiriusXM

Last edited:
Your radio cannot send a signal to SiriusXM to refresh itself. It is a receive radio only. You may reboot the radio, but I do not believe it will refresh the code or configuration. Reset is a signal sent to your individual radio ID from SiriusXM, and must be started by either you or SiriusXM. Following is the link to have SiriusXM send a refresh and reload of its functions to your radio. No other radio would respond to this signal sent by SiriusXM, unless it had the same Unique Radio ID. You don't need to tune to 00. Try forcing a radio refresh from SiriusXM by clicking and following the instructions here: SiriusXM

That's the US site. Canadians are re-directed to the Canadian site, and that site doesn't use the term Refresh....it uses the term "Resend"....and I did that.
Just those odd differences between Canada and the US;)

EDIT: I originally thought the post was directed toward me....and I don't think it is. I'll leave this here, as it's still interesting that SiriusXM US and Canada use different terms....
upload_2020-9-2_20-49-23.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
Since the upgrade, I have to have SiriusXM send a refresh to my car regularly. If I am parked in the garage for more than a couple of days, I have to send it.a refresh signal. Never before have I had to do this before the update. Al"so, if you have to reboot the center screen, you have to send a refresh signal. The new on-screen refresh selection does not work. You have to call them or send it using a web browser.

Actually, they have a refresh request (although it does not work) right on the screen. Why would they put that there if it won't refresh? Our cars send log and other information to the mother ship. Why not be able to send a refresh request?

Actually, they have a refresh request (although it does not work) right on the screen. Why would they put that there if it won't refresh? Our cars send log and other information to the mother ship. Why not be able to send a refresh request?
This refresh request button has nothing to do with the Sirius radio. The button is a Tesla implementation. You are sending a refresh request to Tesla to ask Sirius to refresh your radio. As has been indicated, this may or may not work, depending on Tesla's current software implementation. Tesla may also restart the Sirius radio for you. The Sirius radio does not transmit anything to Sirius.

• Informative
Reactions: markn455
Has anyone noticed that the cover art does not necessarily appear in the songs that are playing? Mostly it’s just a channel cover art for certain stations such as 80s on eight. However, when I change channels you see the cover art flash for a split second before going back to the cover art for the channel rather than the song playing. Anyone else have seen this?
Yep. Happens to me all the time.