Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow up to my posts of Feb 27-28. Finally the part arrived at SC part no.1622932-00-B. Was a bit unhappy with a 6/22 manufacture date but it was new, not a scratch anywhere.
The NGV3 antenna on order for 10 days is lost somewhere by USPS. I scoured my electronics stash and found a new in package, mobile antenna for XM (before SXM merger) from 2005. I think its pre-NGVA1, no part number on it anywhere. But so small it fits anywhere. It shipped with Roady radios at the time.

Install was so quick, thanks to the videos on removing the upper and lower covers. And T8 advice.
-Upon power up, I double wheeled reset, the FM radio came back to life, no SXM.
-Reinstalled software from service mode. No SXM, panic starts setting in.
-Did one more 2 wheel reset and voila, SXM populates, and preview channel loud and clear.

Went online, signed up for 3 months free trial and within 2 minutes it was activated.

The smaller antenna works pretty well. Had 2 minor dropouts with quick recovery under trees after 2 days. Is it the antenna or perhaps the ceramic film on the rear window with 91% UV blocking, degrading signal? Don't know

Other car, the MX with SXM built in, has occasional drop outs too but did not do side by side in same location.

May try the NGVA3 if it ever shows up.
Alternatively I see a FORD NGVA3 out there, 4' cable vs 23' cable. That may pick up a few db due to the loss at 2.3Ghz, saving 19 feet of cable. But specs on these cables are hard to find. I am an electronics guy so probably will try these at some point.

After diligently following the original Model 3 thread and this one, and DMing with a few of the cast members, I “took the plunge” with my 2020 LR MY. I 3D printed a slightly modified antenna mount, opening the angles on each side of the antenna to optimize range. I also epoxied a thin steel strip to the inside base to permit the unit to stick to it, yet be easily removable. I opted for 3M 1” wide “EZ-Pass type Velcro”, available on Amazon. It works wonderfully, and I thank all for their perseverance and dedication!
Can you share the file for the slightly modified antenna mount please? I would like to try it with a NVGA3 vs the smaller older antenna that I have, but have to take it somewhere and pay a bit to have it printed. No printer here

Thank you

Looks like the 1622932-99-A was actually a 1622932-00-A and I'm having a problem with keeping a strong signal with the antenna hidden and I'm having a friend print me a mount for me to see if get better reception.

I having problems getting a refresh as well. I think a better signal will get me the radio refresh. I hope.

• Informative
Reactions: ArtK
Looks like the 1622932-99-A was actually a 1622932-00-A and I'm having a problem with keeping a strong signal with the antenna hidden and I'm having a friend print me a mount for me to see if get better reception.

I having problems getting a refresh as well. I think a better signal will get me the radio refresh. I hope.
FYI I think the refresh button is not activated in our cars. The most consistent way I’ve gotten a refresh signal is rebooting the computer.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a different antenna or mounting location?

I live in a very wooded area and can't get a constantly good signal in my driveway and most of my neighborhood. I had it mounted per White-on-White-MY under the trim. and I've 3d printed a mount Dude7 and still get very sketchy reception. I've finally moved the antenna to the roof, until I find a better solution. This has worked better than other internally, but it still cuts out often.

I believe if I had a larger surface area antenna it may work better with lots of trees, Maybe a wire antenna I could mount between the across the glass?

Yes, but once that signal is sent, the refresh button in car does nothing. So if they sent a signal, a restart is required.
A restart could take the radio offline as the refresh signal of the RADIO ID with subscription info is only there for about a second or two in the data stream.

My radio's including a Model X came to life while refreshing the radio from my phone at the SXM website, and it came to life within a minute or two later. Also verified by a VP at SXM.