Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JayPaul nevermind, it's 2023.38.6 that breaks the favorites scrolling. not 32.6. i'm on 38.5 myself, so i'm holding off on updating until someone can confirm that 38.x (whatever version is after 6) fixes this.
The tile images were updated at some point today…

IMG_6351.jpeg

Reactions: crackers8199
mine too. i'm shocked, considering holly was listed as holly for over a year after it left channel 105.

i'm still hesitant to update to 2023.38.6 though based on the multiple reports that favorites are broken again. they're still working for me on 38.4.

I'm willing to bet they redid the tiles because SXM reconfigured their channels... I'll bet if they didn't, we would still have the messed up tiles.

Hi All,

I'm going to preface this with I don't know exactly why it works, but it does. I have a 2021 MSLR. My wife has a 2022 MYP. Every holiday she likes listening to the Holiday Traditions and Holly. So much so that I retrofitted SiriusXM into a few of her other cars so she could listen to it. Well, after a reprieve last year, I got the inevitable request. After discussing the streaming options in her car, I went looking for hardware options since my Model S has it (not wanting to give up my car for the season :).

I found this thread and the dreaded "it doesn't work on Ryzen cars response". I know someone who can look at the "vitals" and had him compare it to the one in my car. They are both "HARMAN" tuner types with no differences noted. This gave me the confidence I might be able to get it to work.

I bought the tuner from eBay, the adapter from Amazon, and reused an old NGVA3 antenna I still had in a box from one of the other tuners. Here is the process I followed hopefully to help others.

I installed all the parts following @dude7 , @RedTib & Tesla's replacement procedure, then performed a software reinstall from the service menu when done.

Car: 2022 Model Y Performance
Build Date: 6/22
VIN Range: 46xxxx
Software: 2023.44.1

Tuner P/N: 1622932-00-B (Build Date is 2 days newer than the factory installed tuner)

Replacement procedure:
1. Put the car in Service mode. Open the trunk, frunk, and driver's door.
2. Kill power to the car: Remove the intake trim, frunk liner, and HEPA assembly. Remove the 16V battery connector and the service loop next to the fireman's loop. Car is now powered off.
3. Follow the rest of the Removal/Replacement procedure outlined by Tesla, Dude7, and install the Antenna in the location RedTib does including removing the plastic housing. I taped down the antenna wiring to the existing harness and bundled the excess near the tuner where the harness bends down next to a large opening.
4. Power up the car. You should see the SXM Icon on reboot. You may even hear the Preview Channel playing.
5. Perform a Software Redeploy. There is a button in the lower righthand corner of the service menu to perform this routine. Takes about 15 minutes.
6. Button everything back up while the software installs. Put all the trim pieces back on and make sure there aren't any new rattles. Button up the frunk.
7. Make sure the frunk and trunk close as normal after the software reinstall is finished.
8. Go to the SXM Icon and grab the Tuner ID to sign-up for the 3 Month subscription for a dollar on the SiriusXM site.
9. Repeatedly request a refresh while trying different channels and on the webpage till it tells you you can't anymore today then give up in defeat thinking it doesn't work. OR Just wait a few hours till the subscription loads. :)

Thanks for all the discussion and work you guys did to get it working on your cars. It was a great help!

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm going to preface this with I don't know exactly why it works, but it does. I have a 2021 MSLR. My wife has a 2022 MYP. Every holiday she likes listening to the Holiday Traditions and Holly. So much so that I retrofitted SiriusXM into a few of her other cars so she could listen to it. Well, after a reprieve last year, I got the inevitable request. After discussing the streaming options in her car, I went looking for hardware options since my Model S has it (not wanting to give up my car for the season :).

I found this thread and the dreaded "it doesn't work on Ryzen cars response". I know someone who can look at the "vitals" and had him compare it to the one in my car. They are both "HARMAN" tuner types with no differences noted. This gave me the confidence I might be able to get it to work.

I bought the tuner from eBay, the adapter from Amazon, and reused an old NGVA3 antenna I still had in a box from one of the other tuners. Here is the process I followed hopefully to help others.

I installed all the parts following @dude7 , @RedTib & Tesla's replacement procedure, then performed a software reinstall from the service menu when done.

Car: 2022 Model Y Performance
Build Date: 6/22
VIN Range: 46xxxx
Software: 2023.44.1

Tuner P/N: 1622932-00-B (Build Date is 2 days newer than the factory installed tuner)

Replacement procedure:
1. Put the car in Service mode. Open the trunk, frunk, and driver's door.
2. Kill power to the car: Remove the intake trim, frunk liner, and HEPA assembly. Remove the 16V battery connector and the service loop next to the fireman's loop. Car is now powered off.
3. Follow the rest of the Removal/Replacement procedure outlined by Tesla, Dude7, and install the Antenna in the location RedTib does including removing the plastic housing. I taped down the antenna wiring to the existing harness and bundled the excess near the tuner where the harness bends down next to a large opening.
4. Power up the car. You should see the SXM Icon on reboot. You may even hear the Preview Channel playing.
5. Perform a Software Redeploy. There is a button in the lower righthand corner of the service menu to perform this routine. Takes about 15 minutes.
6. Button everything back up while the software installs. Put all the trim pieces back on and make sure there aren't any new rattles. Button up the frunk.
7. Make sure the frunk and trunk close as normal after the software reinstall is finished.
8. Go to the SXM Icon and grab the Tuner ID to sign-up for the 3 Month subscription for a dollar on the SiriusXM site.
9. Repeatedly request a refresh while trying different channels and on the webpage till it tells you you can't anymore today then give up in defeat thinking it doesn't work. OR Just wait a few hours till the subscription loads. :)

Thanks for all the discussion and work you guys did to get it working on your cars. It was a great help!

can you go post this in the model 3 thread, too? they've been trying to get it working on ryzen cars forever, if it now suddenly just works on 2023.44.1 you're going to make a lot of people very happy...lol

Reactions: leecox
Thanks everyone! I got a few more reception drops with the antenna in the "tight squeeze" spot. I didn't remove the antenna housing or anything yet, so I'm wondering if the opaque black coating on the glass partially blocks the SXM signal. I'm reasonably happy with the 3D mount for now. It works great, is completely invisible from the outside of the car, and most importantly, makes no permanent modification.

If someone wants to continue this search for a completely hidden spot, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks to everyone for your insight and support, especially dude7 who was kind enough to provide above and beyond support. I've had SXM running successfully on my (Intel) MY for a few weeks now but am struggling with occasional signal dropouts. I thought I could live with it but they are bad enough that I want to consider alternatives. I am using the 3d printed mount on the rear hatch like others and am using the OEM Sirius NGVA3 antenna.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for troubleshooting and/or alternative locations to try, I would be very grateful. Thanks again!

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

Thanks to everyone for your insight and support, especially dude7 who was kind enough to provide above and beyond support. I've had SXM running successfully on my (Intel) MY for a few weeks now but am struggling with occasional signal dropouts. I thought I could live with it but they are bad enough that I want to consider alternatives. I am using the 3d printed mount on the rear hatch like others and am using the OEM Sirius NGVA3 antenna.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for troubleshooting and/or alternative locations to try, I would be very grateful. Thanks again!

Im not sure how to help, I have no more cutouts than any other OEM system. I get a slight cutout when going under bridges and tunnels. I have the same setup as you with the 3D mounted antenna in the same location.

The only difference with my last OEM system in my 2015 Ram with 8.4” U-Connect was that that system used buffers, by recording to an internal drive. Because of this you never listen “live” as you have a slight delay. This delay was used to minimize cut outs even more, much like a CD player with memory. It worked, so when going under small bridges it didn’t always cut out.

Also, you could rewind live programming by track. Or had to be like 30+ minutes.

Installed a 1622932-00-B receiver into my 3/21 (Intel) build Model YP and the Sirius option came up after a couple reboots with the steering wheel buttons. Didn't use an antenna adapter like @WhiteOnWhiteMY in the above post by removing the fakra housing and everything was fine (really only needed the receiver and antenna). Antenna was tucked underneath the hatch and window and no dropouts after driving ~60 miles.

Receiver showed a last use of 2020 on the subscription screen, Sirius had no problem giving 3 months free trial. Props to the guys that ventured early to make this happen, and allowing me to finally get away from the iPhone app.

2023-12-12 10.06.58.jpg

2022 Model Y LR AMD - Working!
Tuner:
1622932-00-A

Okay, skipped a few steps ahead. Here’s a tip, if you’re willing to do a little bit of nervous removal, you can remove the Fakra Adapter housing and directly connect the SXM antenna without the adapter.
1702418457713.png

Alright, and for the important part of the update. After bypassing the adapter, SXM worked! I was able to load up the preview channel! Unfortunately, once the refresh processed, it deactivated the subscription that was on the radio. But the important news, I can tune to and listen to the SXM Preview channel!

EDIT: I had to directly contact SXM support as I could not add the radio ID to my account without chatting with them. They had no issues adding the free trial even though this tuner was previously activated. Funny enough, it says my trial ends on 11/10/20 on the preview channel. A bit odd. But, everything worked. I did not initially get the refresh signal within 30 minutes, but upon a reboot, it worked!

1702418489553.png

1702418501804.png

Last edited:
I drove around for about 2 1/2 hours looking at Christmas lights around town. I took the opportunity to listen to a few holiday stations while we did that. Nearly flawless, with a single 2-3 second cutout while we were in a dense tree cover area. Other than that, it worked perfectly. I installed the antenna between the glass and the rear tailgate structure.

1702439891804.png

Reactions: leecox
Put together a video on the SXM retrofit.

nice...i still need to do one for the 3. i meant to do it after i finished the blog post but haven't gotten around to it...

i do especially want to do a short at least for opening up the tuner, so anyone looking to do this on the 3 can see how easy it is. it's stupid simple to do but people might get scared off without seeing how easy it actually is.

Reactions: WhiteOnWhiteMY