Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI - I was able to buy a brand new tuner (part 1622932-00-B) from the Paramus, NJ service center for $225. I emailed them to ask if they had any in stock and there was one left. They asked for a VIN, so I pulled one off of a Carmax listing for a model S. The SXM Antenna comes in tomorrow, so I'll have a fun project this weekend. Fingers crossed it goes well

After diligently following the original Model 3 thread and this one, and DMing with a few of the cast members, I “took the plunge” with my 2020 LR MY. I 3D printed a slightly modified antenna mount, opening the angles on each side of the antenna to optimize range. I also epoxied a thin steel strip to the inside base to permit the unit to stick to it, yet be easily removable. I opted for 3M 1” wide “EZ-Pass type Velcro”, available on Amazon. It works wonderfully, and I thank all for their perseverance and dedication!

Attachments

• IMG_7063.jpeg
    IMG_7063.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7054.jpeg
    IMG_7054.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7052.jpeg
    IMG_7052.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 21
So is this confirmed to NOT WORK with a 2023 MYP? I have lifetime and just purchased and would love to transfer my lifetime service from my P85D. App use is cumbersome and with the new camera watching me, I keep getting the keep eyes on road warnings when trying to change channels on my phone app. Thanks in advance!

So is this confirmed to NOT WORK with a 2023 MYP? I have lifetime and just purchased and would love to transfer my lifetime service from my P85D. App use is cumbersome and with the new camera watching me, I keep getting the keep eyes on road warnings when trying to change channels on my phone app. Thanks in advance!
This should work as of 2023.44.1, would recommend diving into my post for MY AMDs. It’s relatively simple.

Reactions: ArtK
Thanks man! Did see your post and watched video as well. Looks super easy now just need to find a tuner. I assume I would need one from newer Model s/x correct? the -B revision

if you look at my model 3 write up, there’s a list of tuners that are confirmed working…i try to keep it updated as people report different tuners as working.

also, keep in mind that if you’re on the holiday update or newer, you’re going to have the favorites bug present. if you’re lucky enough to still be on 44.1, i’d suggest not updating past that until they finally fix the favorites again.

Last edited:
Just adding to the data here. Did the install on my wife's 22 Ryzen Model YLR this weekend using a Model S tuner. PN 1143711-00-C. Software reinstall + letting the car sleep for 10-ish minutes and SXM popped up on the ICE and was able to activate successfully with a rep over the phone.

I did use this antenna. I removed it from it's plastic housing, but left it mounted on the metal plate and wrapped it in electrical tape. You can run it up the side of the trunk lid and mount it right next to the defroster leads under the rear glass (and under the plastic covers). Reception has been "okay". There are a few more dead spots that exist that our old Lexus NX didn't have, but I'm overall happy with the solution. May move the antenna around a bit to see if I can improve reception any.

Reactions: ArtK and leecox
I ended up winning an extra tuner on eBay after they accepted my offer a day after I purchased the new tuner from the Paramus Service Center. I'm unsure if this is allowed, but I've listed it on eBay in case anyone is interested. I'm just looking to get some of my money back on this; I'll probably take a hit on it.

I ended up winning an extra tuner on eBay after they accepted my offer a day after I purchased the new tuner from the Paramus Service Center. I'm unsure if this is allowed, but I've listed it on eBay in case anyone is interested. I'm just looking to get some of my money back on this; I'll probably take a hit on it.

New TMCer @jr73 just posted on the big Sirius-model 3 thread that he is looking for one! Why not DM him/her?

Reactions: healage
Glad I found this thread, the new SXM APP is so bad I need to install the tuner. Keeps cutting out and does not auto connect. Apparently the tuner is a popular DIY now, no tuners recommended to be found on ebay. Looks like I can order the 1622932-00-B tuner direct from local Tesla. Quoted $225 plus tax, seems like a good idea.

Any comments from those that may have ordered direct or used this tuner? TIA

Glad I found this thread, the new SXM APP is so bad I need to install the tuner. Keeps cutting out and does not auto connect. Apparently the tuner is a popular DIY now, no tuners recommended to be found on ebay. Looks like I can order the 1622932-00-B tuner direct from local Tesla. Quoted $225 plus tax, seems like a good idea.

Any comments from those that may have ordered direct or used this tuner? TIA
Are you able to get the tuner direct from Tesla without a Model S Plaid VIN? I tried that route some time ago and they would not sell one to me. If you are able to get a new one without a VIN let us know.

Are you able to get the tuner direct from Tesla without a Model S Plaid VIN? I tried that route some time ago and they would not sell one to me. If you are able to get a new one without a VIN let us know.

you can, they can use a random VIN from an inventory or loaner car. that's how they quoted it to me two years ago when i did the mod originally (i ended up getting it on ebay instead, but that's how service got around the VIN requirement).

Reactions: ArtK and KevinT3141
I own a Model X in addition to the Y, so I just entered the service request in the APP, so they new I had the compatible car. Surprised they didn't ask why I wanted it for a car under warranty.

• Funny
Reactions: KevinT3141