Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Siry Resigns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darryl Siry: Electric carmaker's motormouth marketer

Darryl-Siry-Tesla-photo_01.jpg

Some of the comments are funny, including one by Darryl.

Not just passing through. Between TEG, dPeilow and others, this board is better than google news alert for sniffing stuff out!

I'm staying close to the alt fuel/EV stuff and doing some blogging and advisory/consulting work in the space alongside my primary project so I will likely be more vocal around these parts now.

It's easier because I am no longer representing Tesla, so I won't be as conflicted. Along the same lines though, I don't plan on offering any insiderish info on Tesla since that wouldn't be appropriate.

Not just passing through.

Good! Welcome back to stay, then!

Between TEG, dPeilow and others, this board is better than google news alert for sniffing stuff out!

TMC.com has consistently been the best place for the latest news on Tesla and related happenings for a long time. Like you, I've got google alerts, but it's rare that I see something from them that hasn't already been brought up on TMC.com. Kudos definitely goes out to TEG, doug, dPeilow and several others for their ability to find the latest information.

I'm staying close to the alt fuel/EV stuff and doing some blogging and advisory/consulting work in the space alongside my primary project so I will likely be more vocal around these parts now.

Another informed voice is always welcome.

Along the same lines though, I don't plan on offering any insiderish info on Tesla since that wouldn't be appropriate.

Perfectly understandable, nor would I expect you to.

I breath a slight sigh of relief to see Darryl posting here now.
In case some of you hadn't noticed, I had been trying to "back away" from the forums somewhat as I felt TM was not happy with some of the things that were being said here. When Darryl had suggested some time ago that Tesla buyers stay away from this site it really gave me pause.

It's always going to be a balancing act. EVs in general, and Tesla in particular attract opinionated people. I'm still a huge fan of the Roadster and want to see Model S raise the bar still further.

Personally, I don't feel that I have handled the whole Martin/Elon divorce thing particularly well.

I guess those on the sidelines never do.

Autoblog Green is now picking up Darryl Siry's blog... 4 days late, but very interesting the coverage:
Ex-Tesla VP Siry calls for either taxing up gas prices or dropping CAFE - AutoblogGreen

When Darryl had suggested some time ago that Tesla buyers stay away from this site it really gave me pause.

Honestly, the exact opposite happened for me. I "lurked" as a Guest on this site for months before registering. Even after registering, I didn't post much for a long time. I didn't start using this site in earnest until shortly after all that went down. And I did mostly because teslamotors.com pretty much shut down at that time. This was the place to go if you wanted information.

Siry's new job

Former Tesla CMO Joins Peppercom

In his new role, Siry will join Peppercom's Business Intelligence Group, which includes a number of analysts who specialize in vertical industry research and consumer insights to apply real-world business analysis to communications challenges. Siry will be a senior counselor to the agency's existing clean tech clients, including Solazyme, Tyco Flow Control and Honeywell, among others. Siry will help provide support to companies grappling with the challenges of today's business environment, while also helping to execute communications programs, including online and offline media and influencer outreach campaigns.

"Darryl's deep knowledge and connections in the emerging clean technology world will help take Peppercom's sustainability practice to the next level," said Ann Barlow, President of Peppercom West Coast and director of GreenPepper. "Our timing for bringing Darryl on board is no accident - our clean tech clients are facing big challenges right now to build reputation and differentiation in an evolving and highly competitive market, while also trying to secure funding from private and public sources. Darryl will help our clients turn these challenges into real opportunities."

Siry,

Congrats! Good to see you are staying in the green sector.

P.S. If you are reading this please advise your webmaster at peppercom that the links to greenpepperblog.com on the home page and Green/Enviornmental PR page are broken as they don't include the (www)