TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker DJ missing from my car?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by stevem, Dec 5, 2016.

1. stevem

stevem Member

So I have never noticed what the DJ button did on the Slacker streaming UI. I push it it highlights and push it again and it's no longer highlighted. Never knew what it was actually doing. My car is an 85D Vin 83K range.

Till I got a loaner last week, a P85 (vin 4750 actually). And the DJ button turns on and off a radio announcer between songs. Makes Slacker sound like there is a DJ or radio announcer at a microphone.

I had never heard this in my car, ever. Both the loaner and my car are on 2.48.16. The loaner is obviously non-AP and mine is. But I don't get this in my car and I did in the loaner.

Anyone know why I don't have a DJ in Slacker? Any thoughts?

2. paul.scott

paul.scott Member

DJ only appears in certain slacker channels. If it is a pre built slacker channels you should see DJ otherwise if it is one you created dj doesn't appear.

3. stevem

stevem Member

I did it on both cars with the same stations. Classic Rock, and Today's Hits. The built in stations. I see the DJ option. And I select it on both cars. But when listening in the loaner car I hear the DJ. Listening in my car to the same station I do NOT hear the DJ. I see the option for enable or disable DJ, but when listening, in my car it goes from song to song and never plays the audio of a DJ.

4. paul.scott

paul.scott Member

I don't hear the DJ audio very frequently. Try the Tesla Top 20 because it starts with the DJ and then tosses it in once in awhile.