Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker error or feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model S for 4 days now, and only one time I had this weird behavior. Can someone tell me if I accidentally activated some feature, or was this a bug.

Normal Behavior:
When I am playing slacker music, when one song ends, there is a brief pause as a new song is located, then it starts playing.

Unusual behavior:
Last night, I was playing slacker music, when one song ended, there was a brief pause and a new song was located, but it did not start. It was like it loaded in the "paused" state. Pressing the play button or the left click wheel (on the steering wheel) would start the song, but I had to do that for each and every song. Anyhow, after I parked and charged the car, everything went back to normal.

Anyone know what to do when that happens? Is parking the car or charging the car the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Delete?

Anyone know what to do when that happens? Is parking the car or charging the car the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Delete?

Holding down both of the selection wheels on the steering wheel is Ctrl-Alt-Delete and that would have likely fixed it too. That would likely clear it too. Haven't seen this behavior yet. Definitely see it as a bug not a feature.

Yes, it sounds like you probably had a slow network connection. If the data rate was too slow, it might have been buffering. Pressing the button forced it to play, just like a streaming QuickTime video when you force it to play before it has buffered enough data.

I've had my Model S for 4 days now, and only one time I had this weird behavior. Can someone tell me if I accidentally activated some feature, or was this a bug.

Normal Behavior:
When I am playing slacker music, when one song ends, there is a brief pause as a new song is located, then it starts playing.

Unusual behavior:
Last night, I was playing slacker music, when one song ended, there was a brief pause and a new song was located, but it did not start. It was like it loaded in the "paused" state. Pressing the play button or the left click wheel (on the steering wheel) would start the song, but I had to do that for each and every song. Anyhow, after I parked and charged the car, everything went back to normal.

I had this happen yesterday too. Didn't think to try pause/play and just went for the two thumb reboot. That fixed it.