TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker error or feature?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by kgb, Feb 24, 2013.

1. kgb

kgb Member

I've had my Model S for 4 days now, and only one time I had this weird behavior. Can someone tell me if I accidentally activated some feature, or was this a bug.

Normal Behavior:
    When I am playing slacker music, when one song ends, there is a brief pause as a new song is located, then it starts playing.

Unusual behavior:
    Last night, I was playing slacker music, when one song ended, there was a brief pause and a new song was located, but it did not start. It was like it loaded in the "paused" state. Pressing the play button or the left click wheel (on the steering wheel) would start the song, but I had to do that for each and every song. Anyhow, after I parked and charged the car, everything went back to normal.

Anyone know what to do when that happens? Is parking the car or charging the car the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Delete?

2. SteveH

SteveH Member

Holding down both of the selection wheels on the steering wheel is Ctrl-Alt-Delete and that would have likely fixed it too. That would likely clear it too. Haven't seen this behavior yet. Definitely see it as a bug not a feature.

3. scriptacus

scriptacus Member

Lost/Slow network connection perhaps?

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Yes, it sounds like you probably had a slow network connection. If the data rate was too slow, it might have been buffering. Pressing the button forced it to play, just like a streaming QuickTime video when you force it to play before it has buffered enough data.

5. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

I had this happen yesterday too. Didn't think to try pause/play and just went for the two thumb reboot. That fixed it.

6. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

I've had this happen a few times too, and pressing play keeps the song, otherwise, it actually skips to a new song...

I noted that the 3G was rather weak (1-2 bars) when this was happening.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

This. If you go momentarily out of range it can happen.