Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker not streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting,
Only seems to work over LTE. Not on Wifi.
I tested it on our Model 3 and It worked.
Of course it is over LTE since WiFi isn’t enabled on Model 3s yet. Our Model S was on WiFi and still couldn’t login.
I backed out of the garage - it’ switched to LTE and slacker immediately started playing. Went for a little spin, and returned to my garage. It connected back to Wi-Fi & I got a loading error. Tried Tunein Streaming and it works fine over WiFi. Hmm?

Interesting,
Only seems to work over LTE. Not on Wifi.
I tested it on our Model 3 and It worked.
Of course it is over LTE since WiFi isn’t enabled on Model 3s yet. Our Model S was on WiFi and still couldn’t login.
I backed out of the garage - it’ switched to LTE and slacker immediately started playing. Went for a little spin, and returned to my garage. It connected back to Wi-Fi & I got a loading error. Tried Tunein Streaming and it works fine over WiFi. Hmm?

Your home (wifi?) router may need to be restarted. It is caching the DNS values for the temporary (your domain has expired) server. It will eventually timeout and get the new values, but a reboot should make it happen quicker.

What needs to be restarted will really depend on your config...

Your home (wifi?) router may need to be restarted. It is caching the DNS values for the temporary (your domain has expired) server. It will eventually timeout and get the new values, but a reboot should make it happen quicker.

Agreed. Sounds like a lingering DNS issue. If that's true then a power cycle on the router should work... or just wait until it flushes the cache as mentioned.

Seems wierd that only Slacker would be effected.
In any case if that is the case it will be resolved ~3am.
Router cycles off momentarily daily with...
Tech Restarter Digital Outlet Timer - Keep Your Devices Running Like New With this Tech Digital Outlet Timer, 2 Outlets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C66X6GU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Seems wierd that only Slacker would be effected.
In any case if that is the case it will be resolved ~3am.
Router cycles off momentarily daily with...
Tech Restarter Digital Outlet Timer - Keep Your Devices Running Like New With this Tech Digital Outlet Timer, 2 Outlets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C66X6GU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Not that strange. Slacker domain expired today. When it expired, the registrar pointed it to a notice page. The various DNS servers around the world cached that notice page and could hold onto it up to 24 hours.

Interesting device, thanks for the link.

Not that strange. Slacker domain expired today. When it expired, the registrar pointed it to a notice page. The various DNS servers around the world cached that notice page and could hold onto it up to 24 hours.

Tech Restarter works great. It’s been a real lifesaver, especially keeping my home automation remote devices online when I’m out of town. (Nest, Ring, Eccobee, ADT & MyQ gateways)

image.jpg

Having the same issue today on my Model X ... domain renewal/expiration should not be an issue this soon after April...

Isn't it time that Tesla accepted that they made a major error with Slacker? In the rest of the world Tesla allows owners to use Spotify and I would certainly prefer to pay for a Premium Spotify account rather than a free Slacker one. It wouldn't be so bad if I could use a USB stick and play my own MP3s but that only works intermittently and doesn't accept any voice commands or inputs from the scroll wheels. I subscribed to Slacker Premium because some fora stated that one could set up playlists and choose tracks if you linked to your own Premium account (rather than accept Slacker's judgement as to what constituted "similar" artists, the last time that I chose Linda Ronstadt they played the Captain and Tenille!). Unfortunately Slacker's financial problems seem to have led to a further deterioration in their performance. They no longer allow you to choose your songs or set up playlists and informed me that they were no longer supporting Premium services on Tesla. It seems a real shame since the stereo in my Model 3 is exceptional (even though the small German company that designed it is now owned by Harmon, which in turn has been owned by Samsung since 2017)

Isn't it time that Tesla accepted that they made a major error with Slacker? In the rest of the world Tesla allows owners to use Spotify and I would certainly prefer to pay for a Premium Spotify account rather than a free Slacker one. It wouldn't be so bad if I could use a USB stick and play my own MP3s but that only works intermittently and doesn't accept any voice commands or inputs from the scroll wheels. I subscribed to Slacker Premium because some fora stated that one could set up playlists and choose tracks if you linked to your own Premium account (rather than accept Slacker's judgement as to what constituted "similar" artists, the last time that I chose Linda Ronstadt they played the Captain and Tenille!). Unfortunately Slacker's financial problems seem to have led to a further deterioration in their performance. They no longer allow you to choose your songs or set up playlists and informed me that they were no longer supporting Premium services on Tesla. It seems a real shame since the stereo in my Model 3 is exceptional (even though the small German company that designed it is now owned by Harmon, which in turn has been owned by Samsung since 2017)

If they have an exclusive contract then it doesn't matter if they're unhappy with it, they're stuck with it till the term is up.