Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker now LiveXLive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to imagine that this is a catalyst to replace them in the US cars. Infotainment, as advanced as the interface is, is probably the biggest lacking area when it comes to owner experience with a Tesla. No aux jack, no satellite radio, only phones as bluetooth sources. Something has to give soon

Reactions: UnicornDriver
Nothing is really changing. LiveXLive owns Slacker. This is mostly rebranding.

The app gets:

Sleek, simplified design
Easier access to your favorites
More personalized picks just for you
Watch tons of live festivals and events
New and exciting original shows

Subscribed for the annual membership. So far, so good. Now I can make playlists on my phone and I could play them through Slacker radio. Rewind, pause, forward, etc. all day. My only complaint is that the library isn't as extensive as say, Spotify, but it's good enough for me.

I can't get mine to rewind, maybe something changed since I last tried it.

Does anyone know the advantage of Premium in a Tesla vs. Tesla's std free service?
Unlimited skips, listen offline, on-demand songs. Plus with the app you can download stations, create custom stations, and the stream quality can be increased to 320 kbps (computer or app, not in car).

Unlimited skips, listen offline, on-demand songs.

So are you saying with the free Tesla service we don't get unlimited skips and dont have on demand songs? I thought Tesla provides both with their free basic service? I don't remember now.

I got Premium service because I thought I would listen to Playlists in my Tesla, or listen to Slacker / LiveXLive at home or on my mobile device, but I don't do either, so I canceled my Premium account this AM. I also just read that Elon this past Wednesday in a tweet that suggested Spotify may be coming soon to the USA for Tesla owners.

So are you saying with the free Tesla service we don't get unlimited skips and dont have on demand songs? I thought Tesla provides both with their free basic service? I don't remember now.

I got Premium service because I thought I would listen to Playlists in my Tesla, or listen to Slacker / LiveXLive at home or on my mobile device, but I don't do either, so I canceled my Premium account this AM. I also just read that Elon this past Wednesday in a tweet that suggested Spotify may be coming soon to the USA for Tesla owners.
I think the Tesla version is either Slacker Plus, or some iteration. That being said, I believe skips are limited per hour and you don't get offline access on the app/pc. You do get on-demand, but Slacker.com makes it sound like Plus doesn't offer that (maybe they changed the packages recently).

I think the Tesla version is either Slacker Plus, or some iteration. That being said, I believe skips are limited per hour and you don't get offline access on the app/pc. You do get on-demand, but Slacker.com makes it sound like Plus doesn't offer that (maybe they changed the packages recently).

Thanks for that, makes sense now. Since I don't use Slacker out of the car, and I didn't use Playlists in the car, I'll use Tesla's free service until something else comes along.

I run Spotify in my M3 with my Playlists & Albums large on the screen, using TesPlayer.com from the car's browser. No more waiting until I'm at a red light to read it from my phone.