Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio not forwarding to next song

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need some help and the DS told me to call Slacker. I have been on hold now for over 40 minutes trying to speak to Tesla technical support. I have what should be a simple problem. No matter what Slacker station i choose it will only play the current song and then I have to manually forward to the next song. If I play slacker via my iPhone and stream it works fine. I have looked everywhere to see if I have a setting off but cannot find anything. In the big scheme of things this is minor but I listen to slacker all the time. Any idea what may be wrong? Do I have a setting somewhere deep inside the secret UI I have somehow managed to change? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have occasionally experienced the same problem. Reboot touchscreen (holding down both scroll wheels for ~20 seconds, until the "T" logo appears on the touchscreen) usually resolves. One time I also had to reboot the instrument display (holding down both upper buttons - the ones above the scroll wheels - for ~20 seconds, until the "T" logo appears on the instrument cluster) should do the trick.

When in doubt.... Reboot ;)

I had this happen early on, it kept reoccurring. If it happens again, in settings under the apps section for media, you can log off and then choose restore account under slacker. This can fix it without rebooting.

Last edited:
Also, be aware if you are on the "margin" of your WiFi signal, Slacker may not play correctly. I find this if the X is in the driveway, I sometimes have to turn off the WiFi and revert to LTE because the signal is too weak.