Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow Puncture

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a slow puncture (2 in close proximity actually). I'm currently getting the tyre repaired - it was very close to the shoulder but they said its ok. 1 of the 2 offending items hadn't actually penetrated the rubber so all good there. The other is being repaired as I type (hopefully).

Jack pucks from Torque Alliance work well.

Attachments

• 20200620_122525.jpg
    20200620_122525.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200620_122301.jpg
    20200620_122301.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200620_122253.jpg
    20200620_122253.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: davidmc
I picked up a slow puncture (2 in close proximity actually). I'm currently getting the tyre repaired - it was very close to the shoulder but they said its ok. 1 of the 2 offending items hadn't actually penetrated the rubber so all good there. The other is being repaired as I type (hopefully).

Tyre was fixed for £25! Happy days!

The handle of that trolley jack looks scarily close to your paintwork .. maybe it's just the angle ...

I had a slow leak so had my tire guy of 30 years repair it. He had never done one of these specific foam-lined tires and was not sure the repair would hold, mostly because of location of the puncture. So, I bought a new tire, overnighted from Tesla. But then the pressure held. I still lose perhaps a pound of pressure every week or two but haven't installed the new tire because new versus 14k miles the old.

• Informative
Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Anyone recommend a tyre repair garage in Edinburgh who can definitely repair a Michelin acoustic? First place declined saying they didn’t have the kit to glue back the foam etc! Thanks

Cutting out a small patch of foam and binning it is acceptable..so light it makes no odds to balance. In fact local garage here just whacked a drill through the small puncture and it tore out a small circular patch of foam anyway which they slightly extended. They fix a lot of range-rovers that apparently have acoustic tyres too.

Reactions: Roy W.